Job Specification: Treasury Operations Manager
• ACT Qualification (Preferred)
• Strong academic record
• Knowledge of treasury operations process
• Strong communication and stakeholder engagement skills
• Experience working with multiple senior stakeholders simultaneously to get desired results
• Strong IT skills and ability to work with a range of financial systems
• Ability to prioritise multiple projects with varying degrees of complexity
• Experience working in a large global organisation
• Knowledge of IT2 or other Treasury Management Systems and confirmation matching systems would be advantageous
A contract position has become available within GSK’s Treasury and In-house Cash (IHC) Operations team. The position will manage the Treasury Operations area and will have five direct reports.
The purpose of the role is to manage the day-to-day activities required for the efficient and secure management of the Treasury Operations team, global bank account register, account opening/closing for UK and US, E-Banking portal administration and provide support to the Director of Treasury and IHC Operations. The position is responsible for all related business as usual activities such as:• Management of the day-to-day activities of the Treasury Operations team which includes meeting all deadlines, ensuring the Treasury Operations team are trained to the required standard and sufficient cover is maintained.
• Initiate, develop and implement process improvement projects to ensure continuous improvement of Treasury Operations processes.
• Ensure static data held on the Treasury Management System remains up to date including, reviewing and authorising any additions or amendments to the data.
• Oversee the daylight overdraft limits for treasury related bank accounts to ensure they meet the settlement requirements and arrange temporary lines of credit for one off or large transactions.
• Produce monthly metrics to report on Treasury Operations performance.
• Manage the operations and maintenance of electronic funds transfer (EFT) and confirmation matching systems.
• Management of the existing intercompany netting process.
• Manage the bank account opening, closing, bank signatories and the updating of banking services for UK and US bank accounts.
• Manage the administration of treasury banking systems HSBCnet, Citidirect, DBDI Direct and Danske including the annual user review process.
• Act as a point of escalation for issues relating to banking partners.
• Leading improvement projects where Treasury Operations involvement is required.
• Working with Group Treasury on the delivery of their transformation programme.
The position will be highly visible with daily interaction with many stakeholders. As such, it is important that the successful candidate can work independently, is proactive and, has strong communication and stakeholder engagement skills.
All profiles will be reviewed against the required skills and experience. Due to the high number of applications we will only be able to respond to successful applicants in the first instance. We thank you for your interest and the time taken to apply!