Role profile: Communications Manager
Our Consumer Healthcare Supply Chain is looking for a capable and experienced communications manager to help supply chain employees understand their role in helping the wider Consumer Healthcare business win and feel connected with their colleagues in Commercial and R&D; translate business and corporate priorities in a meaningful way for supply chain employees; and represent supply chain successes/challenges/considerations to the wider business.
The focus of this role is to advise, challenge and coach leaders at Consumer Healthcare Supply Chain leadership team and site level on all aspects of communications and employee engagement. Working to a dynamic agenda of strategic business priorities, the role will support alignment and engagement at Consumer Healthcare Supply Chain level, build communications capability among leaders, provide communications support for key operational priorities and issues (e.g. improving cost competitiveness, launching a new product), build trust with external stakeholders and manage issues effectively (e.g. product recall, restructuring).
The person in this role will also need to work very closely with communications colleagues in the Corporate and Consumer Healthcare Local Operating Companies (LOCs) where required to manage issues and engage employees, so that internal and external communications are seamless and delivered in line with our 1+3 strategy and to ensure the supply chain story is integrated and reflected in our GSK Consumer Healthcare internal and external communications.
Key responsibilities of this role:
• Develop and deliver an effective communications strategy and plans to deliver against business priorities and aligned with the Consumer Healthcare communications strategy.
• Provide strategic counsel to supply chain and site leaders in relation to internal employee engagement, external media environment and issues management.
• Lead initiatives and projects on behalf of the Consumer Healthcare Supply Chain CGA team.
• Support the Leadership Team and sites to bring innovation, performance and trust priorities to life for employee across the supply chain and at sites.
• Help ensure high employee engagement is achieved at manufacturing sites to support execution of business strategy, including improvement in performance on the supply chain fundamentals (quality, safety, and customer service) and financials (working capital and cost).
• Support senior leaders in Consumer Healthcare Supply Chain by providing communications counsel and coaching, particularly around engaging employees and their counterparts in other parts of the business, and supporting development of effective messaging.
• Work closely with other teams in Communications and Government Affairs to manage issues arising that have broader impact on GSK.
• When Communications expertise is required, represent Supply Chain Communications on Product Incident Review Committees (PIRCs) and work with CGA colleagues on issues management related to product or site issues.
Desired candidate profile:
Candidate will have a proven track record of developing and delivering communications strategies that are effective at both a global and local level, including how to engage a culturally diverse and remote workforce, many of whom are not regular PC users.
This role requires an experienced communicator with strong creativity, who is capable of credibly influencing at a senior level. Ideally, they will have a good understanding of GSK and established networks. The role also requires an ability to identify and focus on key issues and priorities, to take complex briefs and simplify information quickly, and be able to explain them clearly to both lay and more sophisticated audiences. This role will require travel.
Critically, the person in this role must be comfortable working in a matrix team and able to cope with ambiguity and manage multiple, complex issues.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Communications
• Strong communications planning skills
• Exceptional oral and written communications skills
• Excellent listening and analytical skills
• Confident stakeholder engagement and management
• Proven crisis/issues management experience
• Experience working with employees in a manufacturing site/supply chain or other remote/virtual environment
• Strong interpersonal and networking skills, capable of developing productive relationships with internal colleagues across the supply chain, the broader GSK organisation and externally
• Ability to work with and influence individuals at all levels within the organisation
• Ability to work in, and lead teams, often highly matrixed around the company
• Ability to deliver and present high-quality communications strategies and plans
• Strong business acumen and ability to analyse complex problems with a high degree of analytical rigour
• Ability to identify and proactively mitigate potential issues, escalating where necessary and to respond decisively to rapidly evolving situations
• Ability to build trust, always operating with a high degree of integrity and discretion, in line with GSK Values
• Proactive, flexible and self-motivated – able to work both autonomously and in a team
• Resilient – able to adapt quickly and positively to change and to cope effectively with pressure and a demanding workload
• Cultural awareness and ability to work across different geographies
All profiles will be reviewed against the required skills and experience. Due to the high number of applications we will only be able to respond to successful applicants in the first instance. We thank you for your interest and the time taken to apply!