UK Payroll Manager
HR Stars wanted! We are searching for an Interim UK Payroll Manager (maternity cover) who can make a positive difference to the GSK employee experience and who can inspire others. Come and join us! Together we can serve the patients around the world to do more, feel better and live longer!
WHAT IS YOUR JOB PURPOSE?
Leading a team of UK Payroll Professionals and managing a third-party payroll provider to deliver a quality and future focused payroll service. You will also sit as a member of the UK HR Operations Leadership team, leading the talent, governance and development agenda for the HR service we deliver to the c14,500 GSK employees in the UK.
WHAT ARE YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES?
• Interpreting business and HR agendas to develop, implement and lead the UK payroll strategy
• Payroll Account manager working with HR Business Partners and UK Senior Leaders to lead the delivery of BAU payroll activity and business change such as acquisitions, mergers and joint ventures
• UK Payroll Leadership and Account Management for all Payroll vendors, external bodies, third parties, and internal partners through contract management, service management and developing a standard set of key performance indicators to ensure consistent service performance management and delivery across the Region and fostering a One Payroll Team culture
• UK HR Ops Leadership Team membership, leading the talent, governance and development agenda for the HR Operations service we deliver to the c14,500 GSK employees and delivering non-payroll projects
• Monitor, review and continuously improve payroll processes internally and through vendors
• Oversight and development of UK Payroll Team
• Leverage HR Systems (Workday) and internal and external insights to drive people analytics, standardisation and efficiencies
You are likely to have experienced one or more blue chip multinational organisations where change is complex and fast-moving. Identified as a ‘rising star’ – an individual with significant future potential, you are someone who has ambition and thrives in a high performance, high accountability culture. Our CEO Emma Walmsley is driving a change agenda that is set around Innovation, Performance and Trust and moving at pace. You will ideally be someone who can bring a healthy balance of delivery and driving a transformation to support Emma’s agenda.
WHAT ELSE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Experience of Blue chip/multinational organisations with fast-moving and complex and unionised environments
A University/College Diploma or Degree (Accounting, Finance, or equivalent knowledge gained ‘on the job’
Experience of service and performance management of a service and an outsourced payroll provider
Ability to communicate an inspiring vision and strategy to all levels of the organisation, internally and externally
Ability to influence and manage all levels of internal and external stakeholders
Demonstrated and sophisticated leadership, management and influencing of external bodies such as Deloitte
Experience of leading and coaching others to deliver complex payrolls
Continuous improvement mindset for the Payroll service
Skilled in process excellence
WHO ARE WE?
At GSK we are a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. Our mission is inspiring and challenging – to help people do more, feel better and live longer. We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That’s why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
You will join GSK’s vision to do more, feel better and live longer:
WHO WILL I BE WORKING WITH?
All profiles will be reviewed against the required skills and experience. Due to the high number of applications we will only be able to respond to successful applicants in the first instance. We thank you for your interest and the time taken to apply!