ERP Finance Partner
Functional area: Finance/Accounting
Location: Brentford, Middlesex
GSK reached agreement with Pfizer, to create a world leading Consumer Health company with sales of c£10b. This transaction provides a unique opportunity to accelerate GSK’s strategy and deliver significant value for shareholders.
The role will act as the finance lead for the integration work for a large M&A initiative, with a significant operational team to support. This is a highly visible role with senior stakeholders, both operationally and from a financial perspective. This role needs to operate in both a commercial and financial environment, to help improve deployment efficiency, deliver financial savings and commercial thinking, forecast project outturns.
Qualified to degree level. Must hold recognised finance qualification (MBA or ACCA/ACMA preferred – must be qualified +5yr
Proven track record in managing multiple stakeholders, leading a high performing team and delivering change across a complex area
Experience working on projects/ change management programmes
Demonstrated capability to be able to operate in a commercial role, working closely with operational teams and delivering impacts to the bottom line. Must be a strategic thinker with the ability to communicate vision & objectives to a diverse group of individuals.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Capability to interpret financial results, within the commercial context to explain performance and all correctional activities needed.
Demonstrated success in partnering with commercial/ operational teams to drive value making decisions.
Demonstrated ability to work with diverse, multi-national team at various management levels.
Strong influencing and relationship building skills with Senior Management required (presentation, communication and influencing).
Team management and coaching experience.
• Experience to understand the key operational milestones, and proactively move to close out any issues/ gaps before they realise
• Provide close financial scrutiny of costs and benefits and rigorous review to ensure benefits are realized as rapidly as possible.
• Act as funding gatekeeper for all projects and participate in steering/ governance meetings supporting Finance and IT VPs and SVPs in funding decision making.
• Act as Programme cost controller against budget, financial governance, and policy compliance.
• Identify, define, plan and manage the realization and measurement of Programme benefits to ensure effective monitoring of benefit realization.
•Coordinate the other business partners to track financial progress including maintenance of the costs to complete (spend outlook).
• Provide management with clear, concise and meaningful reporting and analysis; communicate appropriate explanation for exceptions and variances.
• Own the interface with Global Support Functions (GSF) for all reporting and plan submissions.
• Participate in special projects as required by senior level management
• Evaluate and deliver support/ changes to the programme to maximise GSK getting value for money from its global investment
Recommendation on finance processes to be used by the Programme
• Clear/concise communications on financial related topics
• Presentations to management to update on progress/ guide decision making
• This position has a high degree of complexity and ambiguity due to the need to work with and influence various senior level managers and other related staff in multiple countries.
• This position will require decisions and recommendations to be made based on both rigorous analysis and intuition as benchmarks and analogues will not always be available to work from.
• Keen understanding or hunger to learn Technology with a focus on the way it can be utilized to support efficient and effective business processes.
• Deep understanding of the principles of financial and project management including; sophisticated analytical techniques, cost/benefit analysis, CFROI and NPV analysis, return on investment, and resource allocation modeling
All profiles will be reviewed against the required skills and experience. Due to the high number of applications we will only be able to respond to successful applicants in the first instance. We thank you for your interest and the time taken to apply!