Transformation Project Risk Manager
GSK House, Brentford
8 Month Contract
Pay: up to £530 per day
Support the Finance Transformation Project team to assess risk and design appropriate risk mitigation for key finance process changes driven by the Finance Transformation initiatives. The incumbent will also need to consider the impact of wider change initiatives impacting the program, these may include system changes, Target Operating Model changes, Global Process Owner initiatives, automation projects, process simplifications or control optimization activities. The role will help the Finance Transformation project, and related finance change initiatives, to ensure that the end state finance organization has the optimal control environment, and that through implementation the control environment is not compromised.
- Provide finance risk & control inputs as a member of local/Regional project team/s to support finance transformation projects and activities. Be the single point of contact for the local Project/Solution Design team for risk identification and assessment, process and control design issues.
- Partner with relevant local/Regional project and Solution Design teams to identify risks and to recommend appropriate mitigating controls in planned solution design. Ensure that internal controls are specifically reviewed and assessed in any transformation solution design.
- Where controls are assessed to be changing from transformation activity (location, ownership, testing, etc) ensure that the solution is confirmed and assessed for impact on the finance Internal Control Framework (ICFW) and the control testing environment. Act as the single point of contact to the project teams to ensure that the assessment is performed, and the impacts communicated. Ensure that change implementation takes full account of the need to maintain an effective control environment through the project and into BAU.
- Partner with relevant local/Regional project and Solution Design teams to ensure adequate risk mitigation plans are developed for transformation projects. Ensure an end to end process perspective is applied to ensure people capability & capacity, organizational structure and system resource limitations are adequately risk assessed for transformation activities.
- Interact with key local project and process stakeholders to understand current and emerging transformation plans – understand and assess risks to implementation and ownership of controls from local/Regional transformation plans.
- Manage the governance process for the Internal Control Framework (ICFW) if transformation results in any change to finance controls.
- Review relevant policies / SOPs for newly designed/changing processes to ensure process risks and controls are sufficiently documented.
- Provide finance risk management & control inputs as a member of local/Regional project teams that cover process and organization design, implementation of designed changes, and external audit impacts.
- Work with local/Regional project teams to develop appropriate risk and control activities, deliverables and toll gate criteria for the project, and continually assess and develop their effectiveness.
- CA, ACA, ACCA, CIMA qualified with a minimum 5-7 years Post Qualification experience in process operations, including 3-4 years in SOX Compliance, internal audit, Risk Management and Compliance (Accountancy, Audit, Risk Management, Controls. Exposure to Automation and Robotics, GRC systems and Data Analytics preferred)
- Strong experience in risk assessment, auditing and internal controls
- In-depth knowledge of finance operations
- Experience of SAP
- Good understanding of key finance processes of R2R, P2P, O2C
All profiles will be reviewed against the required skills and experience. Due to the high number of applications, we will only be able to respond to successful applicants in the first instance. We thank you for your interest and the time taken to apply.