Digital Learning Project Manager: E-Learning
- To ensure the delivery of a robust L&D strategy for a business unit/function. The role must be focused on ensuring that the learning & development interventions and services will effectively equip employeeswith the specific capabilities that will enable them to add value and drive competitive advantage for theorganisation.
- The scope of the role covers the four key areas of capability development at GSK; leadership, business skills, technical and compliance.
- Translates business needs into organisation and individual performance
Job Purpose and Key Responsibilities:
- Translates business needs into opportunities that drive organisation and individual performance.Requires strong relationship development and the ability to influence and properly diagnose true customer needs (not just requests) and deliver measurable solutions of value to the business.
- Partner with the business, and specifically senior level leadership teams and aligned HRBL’s, to develop and deliver an L&D strategy aligned to the specific business strategy, capability requirements and organisational priorities. This will also need to be linked to the broader TL&OD agenda and key deliverables.
- Ensure the effective delivery of the agreed business unit/function L&D strategy through strong partnership with the broader TL&OD function. Critical to success will be effective articulation of the business demand plan and associated capacity requirements.
- Lead on critical and/or large-scale learning and development projects, with the ability to work across key elements of the end to end learning process and specifically the early diagnosis and high level design components.
- Manage all levels of business unit/function stakeholders effectively; demonstrating strong business partnering skills and highly accountable for the delivery of fit for purpose solutions. Use a high degree of business and commercial knowledge in order to challenge, influence and make informed recommendations on an ongoing basis.
- Identify opportunities for agreed programmes of work within Business Unit/function to have broader application across the enterprise and ensure these are developed and deployed accordingly.
- Lead the application of the governance framework within business unit/function including adherence to quality standards and operating to agreed governance processes and ways of working i.e. ‘gatekeeping’ the volume of requests to develop new content, encouraging re-use of existing content or processes , use of agreed vendor management processes.
- Co-ordinate the effective development, deployment and embedding of required capability models and frameworks across the business area/function and ensure these are ultimately aligned to the new GSK Capability Framework.
- Ensure the business unit/function is effectively engaged in and utilizing ‘global offerings’ where appropriate i.e. global leadership and business skills curricula.
- Monitor and evaluate business impact of leadership, business skills, technical and compliance capability development programmes and activities, taking action as necessary.
- Build the capability of the broader business unit/function L&D network (e.g. subject matter experts, technical trainers, HR business partners) so they can effectively support the delivery of learning within the business unit/function.
- Leads or participates in other project work as required to support changing business requirements and resourcing requirements.
- Role has no direct reports.
Qualifications and experience required:
- Strong knowledge and experience of the end to end learning process within a global organizationi.e. learning needs assessment, program design & delivery and learning evaluation & assessment.
- Proven ability to interpret as well as challenge customer needs and translate these into a coherent programme of work that will drive business performance.
- Strong negotiation and influence skills with stakeholders at all levels and across multiple geographies and cultures.
- Strong track record of project management skills and expertise across large scale, complex projects.
- Experience of championing large scale change programmes across a large, geographically dispersed organisation.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated capability in enterprise thinking and the ability to develop solutions that deliver benefit at a global as well as local level.
- Financial acumen with the ability to clearly assess the cost implications and business impact of proposed learning solutions
- The ability to work successfully in a very fast paced environment with the need to manage constant change. The ability to deal with ambiguity – ready to change gears and plans quickly.
- Exposure to working in a highly complex organisation within a matrixed structure and with multiple lines of authority, leveraging influence within a complex network of stakeholders.
Other Job-Related Skills/Background:
- Carry out an analysis of critical organisational issues where underperformance is believed to be acontributing factor.
- Identifies the (quantified) performance gaps, the root causes of the gap, the functionalities in question and a list of critical tasks required to address the gaps (the opportunity for improvement).
- Using strong analytical, consultative, and diagnostic skills make sound, data-driven business decisions;
- Development and execution of change management strategies & communications
- Understanding learning technologies
- Consulting and customer focused mindset
All profiles will be reviewed against the required skills and experience. Due to the high number of applications we will only be able to respond to successful applicants in the first instance. We thank you for your interest and the time taken to apply!
1 stage interview process - Face to Face interview after shortlisting