Digital Learning Designer
- The Learning Experiences Designers will help work on only the most strategic capabilities for GSK to enable
- employees to develop and perform in their roles, connect with their peers and develop in their careers in GSK
- together with a focus on driving business outcomes and closing organisational performance gaps.
- The Learning Experience Designer work closely with the 1+3 learning leads (LL) learning business partners(LBP) and our stakeholders, employees and individuals to uncover needs, solve business performanceproblems and co-create solutions the LBP has quantified.
- You will use your creativity and curiosity to design employee experiences that are effective, measurable andthat support our employees to deliver the GSK ambition of being one of the world’s most innovative, bestperforming and trusted healthcare companies.
- The Learning Experience Designer works ‘outside-in’ to design for the ‘100’. This means starting with potential‘70’ solutions (in the flow of work) and then with the ‘20’ (harnessing peers, managers and other keyrelationships), and finally, where necessary, with ‘10’ (formal learning) solutions.
- The Learning Experience Designer will partner with the business and SME’s, facilitating, consulting and guiding the project teams working on learning solutions and empowering them to deliver.
- The Learning Experience Designer will leverage a variety of flexible digital, social, mobile, social and on-line solutions to create engaging learning and development experiences that drive individual and organisation performance, ultimately closing the gap identified in the performance consulting process.
- You’ll create blended/hybrid experiences that drive business outcomes and that build future-ready capability across GSK at a global level.
- The role works strategically on the organisations strategic capabilities, ruthlessly prioritising the work to ensure that the organisation has the right skills it needs. This role needs to be able to prioritise workload based on the business agenda, be able to influence for a change of experience and be able to say no to “exciting” projects that aren’t on GSKs critical capability list. It is about supporting our employees today and looking into the future to anticipate upcoming needs, removing complexity along the way.
Must have Skills and capabilities:
- Insightful consultancy skills to understand the needs of our employees in relation to our customers and growth agenda.
- Knowledge of and passion for trends in fields that will positively impact your work, such as learning technology, leadership development, behavioural economics, neuroscience, and design.
- End to end learning experience design skills.
- Consultancy skills that help to uncover and solve real problems.
- An aptitude for designing memorable, effective experiences that change behaviour.
- A natural curiosity.
- The ability to challenge and influence at all levels.
- Deep understanding of blended/hybrid learning delivery methods, tools, formats and platforms, and the ability to look for new solutions that challenge the status quo when needed.
- Awareness of best practice approaches within the learning profession and a desire to explore these in support of learning innovation.
- Strong communication, facilitation and presentation skills.
- Ability to use different experience design methods to suit audience needs, time and budget requirements.
- Confidence when using, challenging, recommending or explaining theories and technologies that support your design work.
- Awareness of the markets we work with, products we develop and a willingness to understand and question regulatory or process-based challenges we might face.
Qualifications and experience required:
- Evidence of leading complex projects and teams to deliver a business-critical learning solution, ideally withinan Agile environment.
- Evidence of strong consulting skills to support creative problem solving.
- Experience of consulting with multiple stakeholders and prioritising needs.
- Evidence of learner centric experience design work including developing wireframes, user stories, mock-ups and prototypes for a variety of interfaces and devices.
- A passion for your own development.
The ideal candidate will also have experience of:
- Consulting to deliver impact and growth.
- Handling stakeholders with impact and influencing stakeholders at all levels to think differently about learning.
- Leading the design and delivery of learning programmes from concept to delivery.
- Navigating complex organisations.
- Experience of working with a diverse audience to design solutions that work across regions, roles and levels.
- Developing strong relationships and networks to get things done.
- Applying learner centred experience design, running focus groups and user testing.
- Evaluating, selecting and managing 3rd party suppliers.
- Prioritising work and running multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience of working with Senior Leadership Teams to gain buy-in.
- Embedding, sustaining and measuring behaviour change as a result of your work.
All profiles will be reviewed against the required skills and experience. Due to the high number of applications we will only be able to respond to successful applicants in the first instance. We thank you for your interest and the time taken to apply!
1 stage interview process - Face to Face interview after shortlisting