6 Month Contract
£36p/h PAYE Max OR £46.80p/h Max Umbrella
GSK are recruiting for a Process / Chemical Engineer on a full-time, 6 month contract basis on our Montrose site, with possibility of extension.
It is a fantastic opportunity to join a high performing, diverse team of process engineers responsible for providing commissioning support to a major capital project: technical transfer of a pharmaceutical process into a modified production building.
The purpose of this role is to develop commissioning plans and scripts, lead process technicians to carry out functional checks on new equipment and oversee solvent simulations of the process. The new plant is highly automated so the plant control software will need commissioning, issues identifying, snags resolving and training will need to be provided to operators.
In this role you will...
· Conduct on-plant testing (including test script preparation, safety reviews) and resolution of technical issues having process engineering dimensions
· Work with process plant software (specification, documentation, offline and online testing)
· Collaborate with other disciplines (chemists, mechanical, electrical and instrument technicians, automation engineers, operations, plant engineers, EHS, quality, other process engineers) to investigate and resolve any issues and communicate with operations.
· This is an on-site role.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
· BEng/MEng qualified chemical/process engineer
· Enthusiastic to work in an on-plant environment
· Successful applicants will be team players able to collaborate across disciplines, with good problem solving and communication skills
· Self-starter, able to be accountable for project / commissioning delivery and working independently on agreed priorities
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus
· Process plant software experience (we use Emerson DeltaV)
· Process plant commissioning experience would be an advantage.
· Experience in pharmaceutical / food / chemical industry and/or in a healthcare environment to Good Manufacturing Practice would be an advantage
· Chartered (CEng) chemical engineer