Role Title: Quality Control Analyst
Duration: 12 Months
Rate: £13.93 p/h - PAYE Full Time
Who Are We - GSK?
We are a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer. GlaxoSmithKline plc was formed in 2000 as a result of a merger between Glaxo Wellcome plc and SmithKline Beecham plc, although our history can be traced back more than 300 years to London’s Plough Court Pharmacy in the 1700s.
Our goal is to be one of the world’s most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. Our strategy is to bring differentiated, high-quality and needed healthcare products to as many people as possible, with our three global businesses, scientific and technical know-how and talented people. Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture:
· Our values are Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity
· Our expectations are Courage, Accountability, Development, Teamwork
Manufacturing at the Worthing site is for antibiotics. It is advised that you take this into consideration when deciding to apply for this position. You must disclose if you have a pre-existing penicillin allergy.
When applying for this role, please use your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you provide in your CV will be used to assess your application.
Role purpose / summary
We are currently recruiting for a QC Analyst to join our Quality Control team at the Worthing Manufacturing site. The role is to carry out physical and chemical analytical test methods on oral, stability and sterile products using SOPs, and accurately document the results as part of the Quality Control process to ensure a batch of product is of satisfactory quality for release to the market.
This role would suit a motivated individual who has experience of working in a laboratory environment, as well as suitable qualifications in Chemistry (or scientific discipline). You will be a self-starter with keen attention to detail and compliance at the forefront of your decision-making process. A strong Quality and continuous improvement mind-set, as well as strong communication skills are also needed.
· To test routine production and stability samples supplied from the site Value Streams and meet testing lead-time targets.
· Calibrate and maintain analytical equipment.
· Carry out qualitative and quantitative analysis of antibiotic powders and solid dose forms using a wide range of analytical techniques (eg: HPLC, Karl Fischer, dissolutions etc).
· To carry out OOS investigations and discuss the outcome with Team Leader, or relevant production Dept, QA Manager or a Qualified Person, as required.
· To check and verify analytical testing and data generated by other analysts
· To adhere to and help maintain the highest levels of safety and GLP within the section and ensure training records are kept up to date.
· Daily liaison with both other analysts and team leader regarding testing and test results. May be required to take a lead role within a small team of analysts working together on a common analytical technique e.g. HPLC.
· Supplying data / reports to Value Stream as requested.
· May be required to communicate with the relevant Value Steam. to progress OOS investigations
· Ability to perform basic laboratory functions, such as, weighing accurately, pipetting and handling of product appropriately are paramount to this role.
Key Skills/ requirements
· Relevant scientific qualification (eg; HNC or equivalent level in scientific discipline)
· Understanding of laboratory analysis.
All profiles will be reviewed against the required skills and experience. Due to the high number of applications we will only be able to respond to successful applicants in the first instance. We thank you for your interest and the time taken to apply!
Join GSK’s vision to do more, feel better and live longer:
Who will I be working with?