QC Scientist – Microbiology
Shift Role – 7am to 5.45pm / 4 on 4 off
Rate: £17.96p/h Max including shift allowance
• To carry out microbiological analytical test methods for non-sterile products including stability products (as required) using SOPs and accurately document the results as part of the quality control process to ensure a batch is of satisfactory quality for release to the market.
• To perform environmental monitoring of areas and water bioburden testing in line with the requirements of the SOPs and to accurately record the results
· To test routine production and stability samples supplied from the site Value Streams and meet testing lead-time targets. This includes microbial examination of non-sterile products and water, and microbial identification, depending on area(s) of responsibility.
· Calibrate and maintain analytical equipment.
· Carry out environmental monitoring (viable) of non-sterile production/Microbiology laboratory testing areas, depending on area(s) of responsibility.
· Participate in and supply information/data for OOS investigations and support lead investigator/CAPA lead, as required.
· To check and verify analytical testing, environmental monitoring and other data generated by other analysts, depending on area(s) of responsibility. Generation and review of associated Microbiological reports
· To adhere to and help maintain the highest levels of safety and GLP within the department and ensure training records are kept up to date.
· Training of personnel in processes and procedures as required.
· Support validation of equipment and methods as required
· Participate in project work and audit commitments as required.
· Supply data / reports to Value Stream as requested.
Minimum Level of Job-Related Experience required
· A high standard and appreciation of GxP
· Working knowledge of routine microbiological techniques
· Ability to positively contribute to the team.
· Computer literate