Role Title: Senior Content Manager – Global Supply Chain
Duration: 9 months
Location: GSK Brentford (Hybrid), moving to Tottenham Court Early 2024
Rate: £500 p/d via Umbrella
Who Are We - GSK?
We are a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer. GlaxoSmithKline plc was formed in 2000 as a result of a merger between Glaxo Wellcome plc and SmithKline Beecham plc, although our history can be traced back more than 300 years to London’s Plough Court Pharmacy in the 1700s.
Our goal is to be one of the world’s most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. Our strategy is to bring differentiated, high-quality and needed healthcare products to as many people as possible, with our three global businesses, scientific and technical know-how and talented people. Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture:
· Our values are Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity
· Our expectations are Courage, Accountability, Development, Teamwork
In GSK’s Global Supply Chain (GSC), we are on an exciting journey with bold ambitions. We need to come together to create one world class Global Supply Chain, deliver our strategic priorities and embed our culture, all while transforming to deliver GSK’s new product portfolio and pipeline.
Our communications need to reach and positively engage 30,000 employees around the world to build and maintain confidence in our success now and in the future, and build our reputation as a great place to work where people thrive. In order to be effective, our content needs to be brilliantly crafted and shared in optimal formats and channels for our audiences. Our messages need to be accessible, consistent and well co-ordinated.
The primary purpose of this role is to create and execute high quality, engaging content and campaigns to support the delivery of our GSC and Communications and Government Affairs (CGA) business priorities. You will identify and craft inspiring GSC stories as well as amplifying wider company stories for our diverse audiences. You will have great writing and storytelling skills. You will be an enthusiastic team player, working with colleagues to plan, schedule, edit and publish audience-focused content across multiple channels.
Role purpose / summary
· Deliver business impact through strategic communications content and campaigns for our GSC employees. This will include building understanding and confidence in our current and future success, and keeping GSC employees up to date on our progress, and the part they play in this
· Identify and craft inspiring stories that bring our strategy and priorities to life
· Write posts, draft executive communications, and produce videos and infographics for global digital channels and broadcasts. Where appropriate manage agencies to develop content and campaigns
· Facilitate adaptation and localisation of content to optimize impact with different audience segments as appropriate
· Use insights and metrics to measure the success of our content, and continually improve the impact of our content and campaigns
· Work with the wider GSC CGA team to support delivery of key GSC events (e.g. global broadcasts, conferences and GSC leader calls)
Key Skills/ requirements
· Breadth & depth across disciplines or functions; expertise in field required
· First class writing, copy editing and proofreading skills
· Experience in delivering impactful storytelling through written copy, video and graphical content
· Experience in content strategy, including in determining optimal channels to reach internal audiences for different purposes
· Proven project management skills
· Video editing skills desirable
Preferred Qualifications & Skills:
Please note the following skills are not necessary, just preferred, if you do not have them, please still apply:
· Strong collaboration skills; a team player adept at working closely with others to deliver
· Knowledge and experience of applying digital insights to set targets for, and constantly improve, content and campaigns
· High credibility and strong interpersonal skills to build effective relationships with stakeholders across different levels of seniority, functions, cultures and countries
· Must enjoy working in a highly matrixed team and be comfortable managing ambiguity and multiple priorities. Needs to be able to prioritise workload in an unpredictable environment with high personal accountability
All profiles will be reviewed against the required skills and experience. Due to the high number of applications we will only be able to respond to successful applicants in the first instance. We thank you for your interest and the time taken to apply!
Join GSK’s vision to do more, feel better and live longer:
Who will I be working with?