Senior Engagement Specialist
Brentford (Remote Working Available)
6 Months – Scope for Extension
£25.64 per hour PAYE
The External Expert Engagement Organization is formed through several Regional Operations Centres and is an integral part of Commercial Practices with the objective to lead and provide Health Care Providers (HCP) and External Expert Engagement subject matter expertise, supporting the delivery of Promotional and Non-Promotional external engagement programmes.
The Senior Engagement Specialist is responsible for supporting the enterprise operational service hub model ensuring that GSK BioPharma (Pharma and Vaccines Business and R&D) engages HCPs and External Experts (EE) for cross border and within country activities (e.g. Speaker programmes, Advisory boards, consultancies) efficiently and in compliance to all relevant global legal and regulatory requirements for contracting, payment and financial disclosure.
This role is also responsible to lead functional roles, processes and new initiatives as subject matter experts in the hub and to provide advisory/consultation input to internal stakeholders at local and above-country levels as required.
· Operational point of contact for Stakeholders, supporting assigned Business Units, working closely with Business Leads to ensure Engagement Plans are developed and maintained, and provide input for forward planning and overall HCP/EE Stewardship.
· Maintain specific core HCP/EE engagement processes specific to enterprise HCP/EE requirements and aligned with GSK Code of Practice and relevant engagement policies and written standards.
· Delivery of operational support services to activities to support specific therapy aligned HCP/EE
· Manages and supports the operational alignment and management of business issues and risks including Internal Control Framework, Management Monitoring and Metrics relating to HCP/EE Engagement.
· Encourages a culture of continuous process improvement by undertaking regular end to end process reviews, proactivity working with stakeholders to identify gaps and conducting systematic analysis of performance metrics and quality assessments.
· Supports the Hub Manager with cross functional operational processes with Finance, Legal and Compliance to align ways of working across GSK
· Inputs into the development and roll out of Operational Service model across the enterprise, including providing subject matter expertise as required and developing and delivering training.
· Provide audit support and management input for all Therapy Areas and Business Units as required across the GSK BioPharma organisation and ViiV.
· Supports oversight of end to end system processes and coordination of system upgrades and process simplification and UAT.
· Development and ongoing delivery of KPIs to demonstrate Hubs performance across their aligned business unit(s).
· Governance and Compliance management, ensuring the process and business owners using the process are aligned with GSK Global Code of Practice and SOPs.
· Management of quality monitoring frameworks to assure senior Leadership of the delivery of HCP/EE
Engagement activities in accordance with required standards
· Management of HCP/EE Hub’s payment systems and processes to support TOV capture including BTA cards, EMA spend, AMEX spend
· Ensure Global HCP/EE Hub services continue to successfully support External Expert Engagement, reporting to and liaising with the aligned Regional Manager
· Delivering operational management of the HCP/EE Engagement Hub
· Provide subject matter expertise and guidance to the Engagement Specialists to support the management and compliant delivery of HCP/EE Engagement activities
· Manage team development and training including performance reviews and target setting
· Develop Process guides and update RACIs for Ad Boards, Consultancies and other processes as the Hub services continue to expand.
· (Where applicable) Manage direct reports or support Engagement Specialists within the overall regional Hub structure as identified by the Hub Manager
· 1+ years of people management experience
· Min. Bachelor Business or Science Degree.
· Pharma industry experience. (preferred)
· Knowledge of Medical Affairs and Medical Governance (preferred).
· Ability to understand complex IT solutions.
· Intermediate MS Office skills, computer-literate (data entry).
· Very good English, both written and spoken.
· Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
· Excellent stakeholder management skills.
· Experience working in a diverse matrix environment.
· Excellent attention to details.
· Self-motivated; works as part of a highly matrixed global team
· Knowledge of Finance
· Ability to work effectively with stakeholders across multiple functions and geographies to deliver a
· Project management qualification, for example Prince 2, Lean Sigma (will be an advantage).