Senior Digital Communications Manager
£600-£650p/d via Umbrella
GSK is a company where outstanding people can thrive. We are a global biopharma company with a purpose to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together. Our ambition is bold and clear: we aim to positively impact the health of 2.5 billion people by the end of 2030.
Our bold ambitions for patients are reflected in new commitments to growth and a step-change in performance. We have made great progress so far and seek to become the industry leader in technology-enabled research – an exciting opportunity which we must grasp now. To achieve this, we are creating dedicated research teams aligned to our core therapeutic areas: vaccines and infectious disease, respiratory and immunology, and oncology.
The person in this role joins to help us tell the story of how our bold ambitions for patients are reflected in new commitments to growth and a significant step-change in delivery by 2026. This means more GSK vaccines and medicines, including innovative new products, will reach more people who need them than ever before.
About the role
GSK is currently ranked in the top 10 in the Bowen Craggs Index Report, which measures large corporate online estates including global and country websites and social media. In July 2022 we unveiled a completely new corporate website for GSK. We also launched our fantastic new GSK brand and visual identity, to invigorate our digital communications with beautiful new visuals, new photography and a new tone of voice.
Our goal now is to reclaim first position in the Bowen Craggs Index. To help us team achieve this, and to help GSK meet its ambitions, we are looking for a smart and savvy communicator to join the Global Digital Communications team. We are a vibrant and fast-paced team of corporate digital experts with a great reputation for teamwork and producing excellent results.
We work with teams across the business to communicate GSK’s long-term priorities in Innovation, Performance and Trust, and we manage all digital internal and external communications relating to our priorities. The team manages all content on the global @GSK social media channels (including X, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube), as well as content on our corporate website (gsk.com) and our internal digital channels.
You’ll be a pivotal component of GSK’s global internal and external communications strategy, and work across all of GSK’s priorities. This means there is plenty of scope for variety in this role, including from overseeing how GSK announces its financial performance to the world, to working with our global leadership team on our thought leadership strategy, and driving how we use internal communication channels to share GSK’s vision and achievements with our 70,000 global employees.
· Co-create and deliver compelling digital content campaigns for internal and external audiences
· Work closely with GSK’s internal communications teams on digital communications strategy and manage production calendars
· Work with internal teams and external partners to maintain a strategically aligned and impactful digital content calendar
· Partner with our investor relations team to create digital content that delivers against strategic objectives with maximum impact
· Partner with our research and development teams to communicate the continued success of our R&D pipeline and the outputs and discoveries from strategic partnerships
· Work with the content production and visual identity teams to create visual and moving image content to support these campaigns
· Become expert in gsk.com, taking responsibility for a number of pages, assisting other members of the team and advising stakeholders on our content strategy where needed
· Ensure all content is user-driven, takes account of best practice and continually improves engagement levels
· Set and track targets for all campaigns within the role's remit
· Aid the training and upskilling of departmental colleagues in the field of digital content
· Establish and maintain a network of peers and understanding of external digital best practice
· An excellent, cutting-edge knowledge of the current social media landscape, and an awareness of the direction of trends for social media platforms
· Experience of implementing data-based social media strategies and using the optimal platforms to reach specific audiences
· Corporate experience in creating social content, communication plans, content strategy or managing social or content calendars for global brands while working as part of a fast-paced social media or communications team
· Experience and examples of creative digital storytelling for large brands, or using copy, image and video to create crisp and impactful corporate communications
· Strong news and editorial judgement and experience in a role as a tone of voice guardian and a champion of social media best practice
· Deep understanding of the power of imagery and video for digital storytelling, with hands-on experience of optimising this content for external audiences and reimagining it for an internal audience
· Experience using social media management platforms (e.g. Sprinklr) and content management systems
· Knowledge and practical examples of accessing and applying data insights, metrics and analytics to set targets for and improve future content and campaigns
· Excellent relationship building and stakeholder management skills, ideally including senior level leadership
· A background in science or science communication would be ideal, but not essential