Role Title: Associate Scientist
Duration: 12 Months
Location: Ware, Hybrid
Rate: £13.50 p/h PAYE
Who Are We - GSK?
We are a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer. GlaxoSmithKline plc was formed in 2000 as a result of a merger between Glaxo Wellcome plc and SmithKline Beecham plc, although our history can be traced back more than 300 years to London’s Plough Court Pharmacy in the 1700s.
Our goal is to be one of the world’s most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. Our strategy is to bring differentiated, high-quality and needed healthcare products to as many people as possible, with our three global businesses, scientific and technical know-how and talented people. Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture:
· Our values are Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity
· Our expectations are Courage, Accountability, Development, Teamwork
Role purpose / summary
The main purpose of the role is to provide technical support in the development of Biopharmaceutics in-vitro approaches and team support. Conduct duties as listed below, plus any other tasks as requested by team leader or supervisor.
· With supervision, executes analytical testing using small scale dissolution with UV or HPLC to support development activities based on protocols and procedures
· With supervision, works in partnership with team members to integrate biorelevant in-vitro dissolution data with in-silico models e.g. Gastro+ , Simcyp
· Maintains cleanliness in own work area and in communal work areas
· Operates equipment for which he/she is trained independently with due regard for GMP and Safety
· Demonstrates timely & reliable recording of laboratory data in LabWare, IDBS electronic lab notebook (ELB) or other suitable systems in accordance with company policy and legal requirements.
· Performs data management tasks including recording results effectively and in compliance with departmental guidelines in a laboratory notebook or computer with minimal supervision (e.g. tabulating and graphing results).
· Performs data lifecycle tasks, including archiving of paper and electronic documentation and transcription checking in accordance with SOP’s.
· Consults with supervisor when difficulties arise that cannot be readily resolved
· Prepares oral or written summaries of results
· Performs literature searches
· Attends regular safety training and is fully aware of safety requirements for his/her laboratory/working environment
· Follows safe Laboratory and Manufacturing Practices
· Maintains accurate and complete safety records consistent with company policy and legal requirements
· Recognises potential safety problems and takes action to rectify them
Key Skills/ requirements
· Honours degree or equivalent in an appropriate discipline or working towards relevant qualification
· Ideally one years experience within a pharmaceutical lab environment, but will consider graduates.
· Demonstrates competence in proper handling, recording and analyzing scientific experimental data
· Has good knowledge of GMP requirements, SOPs and policies
· Understands the basic principles, concepts and methodology governing the work
All profiles will be reviewed against the required skills and experience. Due to the high number of applications we will only be able to respond to successful applicants in the first instance. We thank you for your interest and the time taken to apply!
Join GSK’s vision to do more, feel better and live longer:
Who will I be working with?