Role Title: Market Access Brand Manager
Duration: 3 months
Location: GSK Brentford
Rate: £846.88 per day via Umbrella
Who Are We – GSK/ ViiV?
We are a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer. GlaxoSmithKline plc was formed in 2000 as a result of a merger between Glaxo Wellcome plc and SmithKline Beecham plc, although our history can be traced back more than 300 years to London’s Plough Court Pharmacy in the 1700s.
Our goal is to be one of the world’s most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. Our strategy is to bring differentiated, high-quality and needed healthcare products to as many people as possible, with our three global businesses, scientific and technical know-how and talented people. Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture:
· Our values are Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity
· Our expectations are Courage, Accountability, Development, Teamwork
ViiV Healthcare is a global specialist HIV company combining the HIV expertise of GSK, Pfizer, and Shionogi. We have a broad portfolio of antiretroviral medicines, an industry-leading pipeline, and several first-of-their-kind programmes to improve access to medicines and support novel on-the-ground community initiatives.
ViiV Healthcare’s global HQ is based in the offices of GSK, its largest shareholder, in Brentford, London. It has established a presence in 16 countries and works closely with GSK to distribute HIV medicines elsewhere in the world. We are uniquely positioned to be at the forefront of advancing HIV treatment and care because we are the only pharmaceutical company that is 100% passionate about HIV.
Through our focus on patient-centred innovation we have developed a strong portfolio of medicines that are advancing treatment and care for people living with HIV around the world. Our broad product portfolio includes a range of therapeutic options throughout the treatment spectrum.
Role purpose / summary
We are looking for a passionate and experienced Market Access/ Marketing professional to lead in the development of market access tactics and materials across the Innovation portfolio for ViiV Healthcare in the UK. Joining the growing market access team at an exciting time with a portfolio of innovative products now available across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, this role will be responsible for delivery of competitive access materials in the fast-paced HIV therapy area.
This role is a critical part of the Market Access team, the Marketing team and the wider ViiV UK team. It is responsible for close partnership with the brand leads, field-based Key Account Managers and Market Access Partnership Manager to deliver competitive and robust tactics to improve patient access to ViiV’s innovative portfolio of medicines. The individual must have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and will work collaboratively to deliver and optimise content. The Brand Manager will be a core member of the Brand Execution team and will partner closely with cross-functional colleagues both in the UK, as well as above country, to define and execute the plan.
· Create tactics aligned to brand and portfolio strategies for in-field execution and delivery of market access objectives for ViiV’s innovation products
· Lead on the portfolio narrative for the market access team aligned to marketing strategy, and development of other tools and materials to support local access optimisation
· Effective support to account plans and tracking to support in-field access execution
· Manage stock and supply of the ViiV portfolio of medicines
· Manage in-field and market research insights to inform market access strategies and tactics in the evolving HIV and NHS landscape
· Ensure marketing presence for one of ViiV’s key Innovation products, including conference and access strategy.
· Support Marketing team to deliver key initiatives.
· Collaborate with individuals across the brand team, including Marketing, Sales, Policy, Medical and In-Field teams to understand national and local requirements and build / refine plans accordingly.
Key Skills/ requirements
· University Degree in Business, Science or similar fields or equivalent experience
· Experience within NHS and/or pharmaceutical sectors, with involvement in creating and/or developing promotional tactics for commercial and/or access field teams
· A thorough understanding of the ABPI code and the parameters in which a commercial pharmaceutical promotional and field team must operate in the UK
· Excellent project management skills, prioritisation and problem-solving skills with high sense of responsibility and accountability
· Excellent interpersonal skills and social capacity
· Strong communication and influencing skills, both internal and external, ideally including demonstrated ability to develop and mobilise key stakeholders to influence decisions, and remove barriers
· Results-orientated with a sense of urgency and customer focus, resilient when overcoming obstacles.
· A track record of performance achievement, operating in payer and/or marketing roles
· Evidence of developing and implementing promotional materials as part of a tactical plan with strategic direction
· Preferred: evidence of and understanding of how national and local NHS drivers influence local healthcare priorities within the HIV therapy area
· Preferred: understanding of the HIV therapy areas and the current products available
All profiles will be reviewed against the required skills and experience. Due to the high number of applications we will only be able to respond to successful applicants in the first instance. We thank you for your interest and the time taken to apply!
Join GSK’s vision to do more, feel better and live longer:
Who will I be working with?