Supply Chain Transformation Project Manager
£810p/d Max via Umbrella
The Supply Chain Transformation (SCT) Programme has been established to develop the capabilities required to support new GSK’s growth ambition. SCT will drive alignment and accelerate value creation across Commercial, Operations, Finance in the GSK Supply chain of Pharma medicines and Vaccines. It will create the foundation for an accelerated, digital transformation of the end-to-end Supply Chain to drive revenue, profitability, and improved working capital. It will bring together complementary initiatives across GSK under one accountable GSK Supply Chain Transformation team.
The SCT project manager role is required to plan and drive transformation activities in one or more workstreams. This role will need to use innovative thinking to help SCT workstream move from early concepts into tangible delivery at an ambitious pace. The role will work closely with colleagues in the tech and supply chain business functions. Use of external expertise will be common therefore the role will need to manage the incorporation of third-party staff and services to form productive and collaborative teams.
There are 5 SC Transformation Workstreams driving SCT. These include the key functions relating to supply chain management (E.g. planning, customer order fulfilment etc.) and the application of modern technology and/or business models (such as Intergrated Business Planning and Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning).
SCT is part of the Smart Manufacture 2030 initiative in Global Supply Chain.
The role will report into the Programme Lead and support the workstream leads to which he/she is assigned. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of shaping the future direction of GSK’s supply chains.
This role exists to manage the plan and approach to deliver one or more workstreams in the Supply Chain Transformation programme:
· Build and develop the workstream team(s) to ensure maximum performance, by providing purpose, direction and motivation
· Partners with the workstream lead to ensure the workstream can deliver from requirements definition through deployment, identifying schedules, scope, budget estimations and implementation plans, including risk mitigation
· Coordinate internal and external resources to ensure that projects adhere to scope, schedule and budget
· Analyse project status and, when necessary, propose revision to the scope, schedule, or budget to ensure that project requirements can be met
· Establish and maintain relationships with relevant stakeholders, providing day-to-day contact and updates on project status and changes
· Structure and manage integrated, multitrack projects for one or more workstreams in the Supply Chain Transformation
· Ensures standard project governance is in-place and in-use for the workstream(s) including regular meetings, reporting schedules, risks, issues, and action logs.
· Maintain processes for managing scope during the project lifecycle, setting quality and performance standards and assessing risks
· Develop and maintain partnerships with other teams in GSK and third-party resources, including vendors.
· Support the workstream lead and team to anticipate and prepare deliverables such as governance inputs, funding requests, cost tracking and recruitment activity
· Assess the state of the workstream resourcing to ensure the team is setup for success. Assign and monitor resources to ensure project efficiency and maximize deliverables
· Report project outcomes and/or risks to the appropriate management channels and escalate issues, as necessary, according to project work plan
· Continuous improvement focus to ensure the project management office (PMO) methods are fit for purpose. Working very closely with the workstream lead to ensure the delivery of the business outcomes are aligned to the overall Transformation
· Experience of Project Management and team leadership within GSK or a similarly complex global industry.
· Leadership of cross-functional business change project or continuous improvement teams (including international teams).
· Demonstrable credibility with/management of senior stakeholders
· Enable and drive the change: change management skills and a focus on demand delivery ensuring the implementation of plans or delivery of large-scale projects.
· Able to communicate complex technical details to non-experts including senior stakeholder to drive decision making in business case scenarios
· Problem solving abilities suitable for handling the highly complex issues associated with the various areas in a collaborative manner.
· Experienced in system lifecycle projects within corporations (ideally including exposure to any modern ERP solutions)
· Excellent presentation skills