Role Title: Communications Manager (Internal)
Duration: 12 Months
Location: Stevenage (Hybrid)
Rate: £375.24 - Umbrella
Who Are We - GSK?
We are a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer. GlaxoSmithKline plc was formed in 2000 as a result of a merger between Glaxo Wellcome plc and SmithKline Beecham plc, although our history can be traced back more than 300 years to London’s Plough Court Pharmacy in the 1700s.
Our goal is to be one of the world’s most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. Our strategy is to bring differentiated, high-quality and needed healthcare products to as many people as possible, with our three global businesses, scientific and technical know-how and talented people. Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture:
· Our values are Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity
· Our expectations are Courage, Accountability, Development, Teamwork
Role purpose / summary
The Clinical Supply Chain organisation within GSKs vibrant R&D function is looking for a Communications Manager based in our offices in Stevenage. The ideal candidate will have upwards of 3 years’ experience with a proven track record of delivering strategic Communications and Engagement campaigns for transformational change on multiple large-scale programmes.
What you'll be doing each day:
• Leading on the development and implementation of an effective Communications and Engagement Strategy and Plan for the roll out of new software and technology in the clinical supply chain area.
• Engagement and consultation with key stakeholders to understand their communication requirements.
• Analysis of employee and stakeholder engagement.
• Define requirements and manage content for the business facing SharePoint in addition to SharePoint administration.
• Content development, including presentations, case studies, articles, creating videos, and capturing photography.
• Supporting internal communications, such as setting up staff briefings, creating staff bulletins and newsletters.
• Creating and collecting compelling case studies that demonstrates transformation impact.
• Working with the team to deliver campaigns that promote accomplishments and progress.
• Proactively coming up with ideas and contributing to outcomes.
• Continuous improvement of communication processes and practices.
Key Skills/ requirements
• Substantial experience of working in business transformation programmes with competing priorities.
• Extensive experience of producing content, copywriting and social media
• Experience of engaging with stakeholders including senior leaders to extract information for translating into engaging narratives.
• Experience of developing web sites,using SharePoint and content management systems to (WordPress, or Drupal) to update/edit/create content.
• Experience of developing and managing email databases including distribution lists.
• Experience of setting and reporting on KPIs which show impact of communications and engagement activities, along with using a suite of evaluation and analytic tools.
• Advanced knowledge of using desktop publishing programmes, with the ability to use design and video editing software, such as Adobe Creative Cloud products.
• Experience of working with creative agencies to support the delivery of campaigns, that have an impact at scale across multiple audiences alongside budget management responsibilities for communications activities.
All profiles will be reviewed against the required skills and experience. Due to the high number of applications we will only be able to respond to successful applicants in the first instance. We thank you for your interest and the time taken to apply!
Join GSK’s vision to do more, feel better and live longer:
Who will I be working with?