Are you a motivated laboratory technician with an inquisitive nature and a passion for working in the Pharmaceutical Industry? If so, this role could be for you!
This is a practical role where you will be working in the GSK Stevenage R&D laboratories alongside (chemical) process engineers and be responsible looking after process engineering equipment (such as laboratory pumps, flow meters, temperature probes, reactors) before and after experimental work.
GSK Stevenage R&D site accommodates over 2,000 R&D staff, this hub of scientists inspires a culture of innovation and collaboration which you can learn from and contribute to. GSK Stevenage R&D site benefits from excellent facilities and easy access.
- In this role you will:Organise process engineering equipment (such as laboratory pumps, flow meters, temperature probes, reactors) in storage
- Be trained and responsbile to clean, calibrate and repair the same process engineering equipment
- Order new parts or organise repair requests & deliver with external suppliers
- Comply with applicable Data Integrity, Quality, cGMP (current Good Manufacturing Practice) and regulatory requirements in all aspects of work.
- Fully embrace all aspects of safety when working in the laboratory.
- We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:High School Diploma
- Experience in laboratory equipment maintenance
- Keen, interested in developing practical process engineering experience.
Preferred Qualifications & Skills:
- If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:Associated Degree or Bachelor’s degree in engineering, chemistry or analytical
- Experience working in a multi-functional team
- Experience in Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) operations or Pharmaceutical Process Equipment in laboratory
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
- These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:Operating at pace and agile decision-making – using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness