Job description Posted 23 March 2023
The scientist is expected to design, to perform and to analyze molecular modelling activities in support of drug delivery experimental work. The objective of such a work is to have a better understanding of a product as well as to predict optimal drug formulations. The candidate will be ideally based in UK for a duration of 6 months.
- Your responsibilities:You are responsible for the conception, design, implementation, and interpretation of scientific and technical data to support own area project.
- You design and execute specific and relevant molecular simulations in collaboration with the related platform staff.
- You collaborate with related project staff to design, implement, and interpret the data from the modelling activities.
- You make sound scientific/technical decisions based on reliable data and relevant analysis.
- You can solve complex technical problems, possibly through collaborations with others.
- You author and you inform technical protocols and reports in support of various project.
- You prepare, you present scientific data and you can communicate effectively within TRD and with different stakeholders.
- We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:MS with 3+ years of experience or PhD.
- Degree in Chemistry, Physics, Biochemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, or related scientific field.
- Very good background in chemistry and able to understand or to decipher fundamental interactions at the molecular scale.
- Very good knowledge of Molecular Dynamics Simulations and/or Monte-Carlo Simulations.
- Experience in molecular modelling of biopharmaceutical products is a must.
- Experience or good knowledge in molecular modelling of drug delivery systems, formulation design is highly recommended.
- Scripting capabilities (R, PYTHON or others)
- Basic UNIX/Linux shell knowledges to use efficiently HPC platforms
- Must have the ability to work with cross-functional teams with different scientific backgrounds and communicate effectively.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Good level of French is a plus.
- Good writing & presentation skills
- If you have the following characteristics it would be a plus:Experience in mesoscale modelling is a plus.
- Knowledge or experience in quantum chemistry calculations is a plus.
- Experience in materials modelling (crystal state, interparticle interactions) is a plus.
- Attention for details, eager to learn and driven by curiosity