X 2 IT Project Manager
Contract: 6 months possible extension
Pay: £713.07 per day umbrella (inside IR35)
GSK Digital and Tech is looking for an experienced, organised, self-driven, and results-oriented technology project manager to lead delivery of infrastructure in support of Connectivity projects.
In this role, you will lead cross-functional projects that span multiple stakeholders, including product owners, engineers, operators, business leads, finance, legal partners, and others. You will build bridges among these stakeholders to communicate visions and objectives, define project plans, align resources and priorities, and drive the delivery the implementation of infrastructure to support GSK’s operational technology.
· Work with appropriate leaders and project sponsors to understand the requirements.
· Ensure appropriate resource allocation and onboarding supplementary resources via Strategic Partners for support of global work packages
· Lead a matrix team to deliver solutions and processes in support of project objectives and requirements – leading the project team and motivation all team members with clear direction and communication
· Manage the project plan, budget, risks and issues, calling out to senior management when appropriate.
· Identify and actively monitor delivery of external dependencies.
· Define the deployment strategy and prepare and complete the project plan – ensuring the project solution is transition to full support post delivery
· Manage the project budget on behalf of the appropriate Sponsor
· Work closely with other GSK Tech groups to ensure adequate resources are deployed to ensure delivery
· Ensure effective communications planning, leadership identification and engagement, regular status reporting to key business leaders, both within GP&T (internal) and with the appropriate programme (customer).
· Build close working relationships with customers, engineering teams and relevant business contacts to ensure i) confidence is built and maintained, ii) all parties are informed and engaged during the project, and iii) the solution supports the GP&T adoption by new markets and delivers maximum benefit.
· Manage risks, issues and dependencies
· Supports leadership address high risk, high impact situations with clear analysis, high transparency, and a sense of partnership, even if faced with significant adversity or major obstacles
We are looking for individuals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
· Hands on experience in delivering sophisticated infrastructure related projects in large scale global Life Sciences or FMCG industries
· Significant demonstrable experience delivering complex projects
· Experience delivering projects related to connectivity infrastructure, specifically networks (LAN/WAN/WiFi/Firewalls), Cloud and/or security
· Experience with managing project schedules, finances, risks and issues.
· Ability to quickly grasp technical topics, particularly in the connectivity space (WAN/LAN/WiFi/Firewalls) in sufficient detail to effectively communicate with customers and Tech delivery teams.
· Project governance and experience with Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
· Completion of Project Management or Agile Training certifications
· Experience of managing matrix teams.
· Azure foundation / Azure cloud services experience
· Experience of senior leader stakeholder management
· Knowledge of Jira, confluence, agile