Project Manager (Network Tech Refresh)
Stevenage (Occasional Travel to Montrose)
£620p/d Max via Umbrella
In this role, you will lead Site Tech Refresh Projects. that will span multiple stakeholders, including product owners, engineers, operators, business leads, finance, legal partners, and others. You will build bridges among these stakeholders to communicate visions and objectives, define project plans, align resources and priorities, and drive the delivery the implementation of infrastructure to support GSK’s operational technology.
• Work with appropriate leaders and project sponsors to understand the requirements.
• Ensure appropriate resource allocation and onboarding supplementary resources via Strategic Partners for support of global work packages
• Lead a matrix team to deliver solutions and processes in support of project objectives and requirements – leading the project team and motivation all team members with clear direction and communication
• Manage the project plan, budget, risks and issues, calling out to senior management when appropriate.
• Identify and actively monitor delivery of external dependencies.
• Define the deployment strategy and prepare and complete the project plan – ensuring the project solution is transition to full support post delivery
• Manage the project budget on behalf of the appropriate Sponsor
• Work closely with other GSK Tech groups to ensure adequate resources are deployed to ensure delivery
• Ensure effective communications planning, leadership identification and engagement, regular status reporting to key business leaders, both within GP&T (internal) and with the appropriate programme (customer).
• Build close working relationships with customers, engineering teams and relevant business contacts to ensure i) confidence is built and maintained, ii) all parties are informed and engaged during the project, and iii) the solution supports the GP&T adoption by new markets and delivers maximum benefit.
• Manage risks, issues and dependencies
• Supports leadership address high risk, high impact situations with clear analysis, high transparency and a sense of partnership, even if faced with significant adversity or major obstacles
• Significant demonstrable experience delivering complex projects/programmes or acting as a SAFe Release Train Engineer
• Experience delivering projects/programmes related to connectivity infrastructure, specifically networks (LAN/WAN/WiFi/Firewalls), Cloud and/or security
• Experience with managing project schedules, finances, risks and issues.
• Ability to quickly grasp technical topics, particularly in the connectivity space (WAN/LAN/WiFi/Firewalls) in sufficient detail to effectively communicate with customers and Tech delivery teams.
• Project governance and experience with Agile standards and procedures.
• Completion of Project Management or Agile Training Curriculum.
• Experience of managing matrix teams.
• Experience of senior leader stakeholder management