Job description Posted 28 September 2022
Associate Scientist / Lab Technician - GSK0JP00096990
£16.30 per hour PAYE, £21 per hour Umbrella
12 month contract
Location: Ware, Hertfordshire
- To provide technical support in the development of drug product formulations and associated manufacturing processes. Conduct duties as listed below, plus any other tasks as requested by team leader or supervisor.
- With supervision, executes formulation and process development activities based on established protocols and procedures
- With supervision, assists in the manufacture of batches of product as required, e.g. for process development, stability studies or clinical trials
- Maintains cleanliness in own work area and in communal work areas
- Operates equipment for which he/she is trained independently with due regard for GMP and Safety
- Works to GMP
- Demonstrates timely & reliable recording of laboratory data in LabWare, IDBS electronic lab notebook (ELB) or other suitable systems in accordance with company policy and legal requirements.
- Performs data management tasks including recording results effectively and in compliance with departmental guidelines in a laboratory notebook or computer with minimal supervision (e.g. tabulating and graphing results).
- Performs data lifecycle tasks, including archiving of paper and electronic documentation.
- Consults with supervisor when difficulties arise that cannot be readily resolved
- Prepares oral or written summaries of results
- Attends regular safety training and is fully aware of safety requirements for his/her laboratory/working environment
- Follows safe Laboratory and Manufacturing Practices
- Maintains accurate and complete safety records consistent with company policy and legal requirements
- Recognises potential safety problems and takes action to rectify them
- Honours degree or equivalent in an appropriate discipline or working towards relevant qualification
- Demonstrates competence in proper handling, recording and analyzing scientific experimental data
- Has good knowledge of GMP requirements, SOPs and policies
- Understands the basic principles, concepts and methodology governing the work
- Can learn and apply new experimental techniques