Senior Procurement Manager
Contract: 3 Month Contract possible extension
Pay: 597.27 per day (Umbrella inside IR35)
Senior Procurement Manager – HR & Staffing Services
As the Senior Procurement Manager for the HR & Staffing Services Team you will implement category strategies to optimize business efficiency across their sub-categories. You will perform category management activities including strategic sourcing, supplier relationship management, contract, performance and risk management. You will work closely with Global/Hub/LOC Procurement partners to understand the global spend and identify opportunities to increase quality and improve value for money. You will focus on identifying innovative & disruptive procurement solutions that provide cashable savings and process efficiencies for the organization. You will also aim to drive sustainable value for GSK from key supplier relationships, aligned with our Global Diversity and Inclusion aspirations.
You will develop and maintain expert knowledge of respective global supply markets, competitors and product innovations and provide assistance to company’s acquisition strategies by completing the due diligence and integration activities for the spend categories.
Additionally, the role will be accountable for delivering a range of projects/processes in partnership with the CW and HR operations team and the business. Strategically, the role will be required to drive a culture of continuous improvement to both processes and services and ensure ongoing organizational alignment to the HR & CW Operating Model.
• Be the global procurement Business Partner and align with Senior Global Stakeholders to determine the pipeline and value generation across the HR & Staffing Services categories portfolio
• Manage the end to end process to challenge sourcing approach and scope of the business requirements. Challenge and drive continuous improvements with in-house, versus third party Vs outsourcing approach.
• Develop next generation category strategies, bringing leading market practice to develop disruptive added value to GSK and collaborate where there are synergies with other global procurement categories such as Professional Services & Tech
• Execute global sourcing strategies across multiple spend categories in scope of responsibility, operating with a truly global mindset and ensuring all applicable LOC or regional dimensions are accommodated
• Have a clear understanding of how global strategies affect local markets and build an education & communication process for regional Procurement leads and business units
• Be global expert in the spend categories within scope of responsibility
• Ensure financial benefits are managed in accordance with the Spend Management Framework approach, ensuring business unit and Finance agreement to financial value delivered and transparency on treatment of benefits in the budgeting process
• Create and deliver effective budgets (Plans of Purchase) agreed with key stakeholders and Finance in accordance with the Spend Management Framework.
• Facilitate implementation of procurement change initiatives within categories to improve business performance.
• Accountable for the direct management and savings target achievement for managed sub-categories
External supplier relationships
• Execute and manage effective contracts with suppliers that will allow GSK to maximize global opportunities. Ensure global views on supplier negotiations are taken.
• Manage global supply base for the categories within scope through a robust performance management process. Ensure supplier performance is understood and measured.
• Manage relations between senior GSK stakeholders and strategic HR / Staffing partners as aligned to the GSK Supplier Management Relationship framework.
· Qualified to Degree level, ideally within Procurement and Supply Chain, and/or further academic qualifications, for example MBA, CIPS, MCIPS, CCWP
· Category experience within HR or Staffing Services.
· Ability to articulate the business case for Supplier Diversity and translate it into action in discrete situations
· Understanding of Procure-to-Pay and Spend Analysis systems; ability to dive into data and co-create, understand, and trouble-shoot reporting requirements
· Procurement experience including the ability to support multiple categories
· Track record of working with senior stakeholders and the ability to influence, this includes the ability to build strong relationships and to influence without express authority
· Experience managing suppliers (including performance management), developing new potential suppliers and partnering with supply base for mutual benefit
· Improves processes to eliminate non-value adding activities
· Able to demonstrate significant cost savings
- Ability to articulate the value that procurement can bring to an organisation
- Excellent leadership capability to manage people and processes
- Innovative thinking to drive changes and process improvements
- Matrix management and global management skills
- Ability to work in a complex and multi-cultural environment
- Excellent business acumen, analytical, and financial skills