Sustainability Project Manager
12 month Contract
£574.16pd Via appoved UMB
We are looking for someone to Provide overall project leadership, management and delivery of assigned GSC Sustainability programme goals & objectives with a specific focus on planning, resourcing, timescales & quality all within the funding parameters set by the GSC Sustainability Programme. The role will include numerous and varied activities as the main support to the sustainability substreams and their delivery goals.
The role will be required to work across both BAU and project delivery teams.
· Take a lead on scoping, planning, budgeting & execution of project(s) following the GSC Sustainability Programme disciplines.
· Responsible for managing senior stakeholders in the business & in the GSC Sustainability Programme to deliver on objectives & direction for the project(s).
· Ensure effective sponsorship for the GSC Sustainability Programme project(s) is established with project governance & controls throughout.
· Manage highly matrix teams across multiple business areas (procurement, 3rd Party) and workstreams engaging with key subject matter experts to deliver on expectations & scope, including the identification and support of any key areas of risk/resoruce gaps and delivery gaps to meet end delivery goals.
· Responsible for ensuring business ownership at critical stages of the project.
· Ensure stakeholder buy in for the scope of the project and agreement of project plans, key milestones and funding needs.
· Be the point of escalation for senior management in the business and key stakeholders in the programme or project.
· Direct activities across the workstreams and market(s) to ensure project progresses to schedule; ensuring adequate core resources are made available to support the project and in line with funding.
· Responsible for leading & inspiring teams under intense pressure & timescales on a day to day basis to deliver on milestones & deliverables.
· Responsible for regular project reporting, project wall management, senior stakeholder reporting, risk & issue management, planning & controls & budget reporting.
· Ensure adherence to all quality & compliance requirements as dictated by Good Commercial or Manufacturing Practices (GxP) within the Pharma industry (if applicable).
· Responsible for maintaining a focus on the end point delivery, the milestones to be adhered to, the disciplines of project management, the continued focus on stakeholder management & the projection of a can do attitude & energy that builds and provides pace & confidence.
· To operate with a continuous improvement & inquisitive mindset with a view to simplifying processes & ways of working.
Key Skills Required:
Minimum of 3 years proven project management delivery within an End to End supply chain “Change” programme
· Project management experience (5 years+) with a minimum of 2 full lifecycle projects.
· Proven ability to lead cross-functional project teams across a wide range of technical, functional & business disciplines
· To be able to maintain high professionalism, discipline & performance, not being afraid to address conflict situations & to hold people to account for their deliverables & commitments.
· Ability to manage people across different geographic locations, time zones and cultures.
· Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
· Solid track record in setting and managing customer expectations with strong teamwork ethic and interpersonal skills.
· Skill in identifying and prioritising workload, looking ahead & anticipating problems.
· Ability to conceptualise creative solutions, articulate them, and gain buy-in from senior managers.
· Demonstrates proper disciplined use of project management techniques & skills to ensure delivery to time, quality & budget.
· Ability to keep a high performing team delivering to their best whilst maintaining high energy & resilience & positivity when under pressure & stress.
· Ability to operate across boundaries and influence others.
Knowledge and Experience (Desirable)
· GSC Sustainability methods and solutions
· Manufacturing / packaging operations
· Logistics and Supply Chain processes
If you feel you would be suitable for the role of Sustainability Project Manager, please apply with your most up to date CV