TSA PMO Manager
Contract: 8 month
Location: Brentford / hybrid role
Pay rate £757.89 per day via Umbrella (inside IR35)
Does leading, coaching and motivating a team to drive business and improve and promote quality excite you? If so, this could be the perfect fit for your career.
As the PMO - GSK TSA you will design and execute the GSK Transition Services Agreement (“TSA”) according to business needs and design and implement the governance to ensure the TSA is successfully executed.
• Create dashboards and report on key metrics the status of delivery of agreed TSA’s
• End to end oversight of TSA service delivery and exit tracking
• Implement and manage the TSA governance, issue resolution, performance tracking and change control processes
• Organize and coordinate with the functional teams continued service delivery until the planned exit
• Support the vision and deploy the exit plans in collaboration with the functional teams to ensure both short- and long-term needs are met and aligned with the business and senior management
• Work across boundaries to ensure continued alignment with GSK delivery of the TSA’s and optimise any interface with business partners
• Track and monitor any risks and opportunities to TSA delivery and exits
• Coordinate with the finance teams as necessary to support the validation of the financial impacts of TSA risks and opportunities and invoicing/Change requests
• Support and provide ad hoc expertise on the execution of the TSA
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Experience managing delivery of TSA’s or complex projects involving third parties (2 years or more)
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
• Pharmaceutical and/or Consumer Health experience
• Financial planning, partnering or services experience
• Ability to work with tight deadlines
• Ability to work cross-functionally and use networks throughout GSK
• Capacity to adapt priorities, organization and promote change management
• Excellent communication skills
• Leadership and presentation skills
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
• Agile and distributed decision-making – using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
• Managing individual and team performance.
• Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
• Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
• Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
• Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
• Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
• Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
• Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
• Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.