Job Title: Energy and Compliance Engineer
Department: Utilities and Compliance Engineering
Pay Rate: TBC
LOA: 3 - 4 Months
Lead the site sustainability and energy reduction strategy, producing and delivering the energy reduction waterfall through increased efficiency and delivery of energy reduction projects.
Lead the site DSEAR program maintaining statutory compliance and providing expert advice to production and engineering functions with regards to process safety. Maintain compliance through delivery of improvement projects and through ensuring all new equipment bought to site is of the highest standard.
Manage the site’s compliance with central engineering and global engineering standards.
Be a System Owner and SME within the Utilities team for certain plant / equipment.
- Define the site sustainability and energy reduction strategy
- Produce and deliver annual energy reduction waterfalls and monitor improvement through monthly performance reports, identifying opportunities and anomalies through analysis.
- Identify capital projects to achieve energy and compliance improvements as project engineer or customer.
- Drive DSEAR and Process Safety statutory compliance for the engineering department by championing global engineering standards and ensuring suitable processes are in place, working with contractors and SMEs where relevant.
- Keep up to date with regulations and standards, both internal and regulatory, which are relevant to the work of the site engineering department.
- Ensure maintenance plans are in place and managed to meet the compliance requirements of the engineering department.
- Monitor and assess the sites compliance with DSEAR, facilitating inspections and process safety studies as required to maintain a high level of control.
- Act as SME for engineering and operations departments with respect to process safety and DSEAR, participating in and running PHIRA studies for new and existing equipment / processes.
- Play an active role in the Utilities team, supporting site as owner for allocated systems and services.
- Liaise with contractors and the factory operations teams, issuing Permits-to-Work to support Utilities project works as required.
Minimum Level Of Education:
Minimum HNC or equivalent in Engineering
Relevant Engineering Discipline (e.g. Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical)
Minimum Level of Job-Related Experience required:
Experience in Energy, Sustainability and Process Safety.
Other Related Skills/Background:
Ability to work closely with cross functional teams building relationships to achieve results.
Good communication skills are essential.
Attitude to seek continuous improvement opportunities.
Ability to manage and prioritise workload in line with job requirements and site priorities.