Senior Analytical Scientist
12 Month initial contract
Pay rate: £21.50 per hour PAYE
We are a global biopharma company with a purpose to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together.
Getting ahead of disease is one of the most inspiring challenges there is on the planet. We aim to positively impact the health of 2.5 billion people over the next 10 years.
We prioritise innovation in vaccines and specialty medicines, maximising the increasing opportunities to prevent and treat disease. At the heart of this is our R&D focus on the science of the immune system, human genetics and advanced technologies, and our world-leading capabilities in vaccines and medicines development.
We are a company where outstanding people can thrive.
About the role:
We are currently recruiting an Analytical Scientist, to be based in Ware, Hertfordshire, UK. This role will see you developing and performing analytical methods using a range of techniques, including LC-MS, LC-MS/MS and ion chromatography for GMP testing of drug substance and drug product.
The successful candidate will be involved with a diverse range of activities including:
• Perform trace quantitative testing, particularly using LC-MS, LC-MS/MS and ion chromatography of drug substance and drug product using established analytical methods
• Preparation and management of samples (powder, tablets etc) for analysis
• Support the development of analytical methods for testing drug substance and drug product
• Own and manage interactions with key stakeholders, e.g. communication, data/information flow, shipment of materials etc.
• BSc in chemistry, biochemistry, pharmaceuticals, or related scientific discipline
• Experience in analytical method development/validation for pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical products, in particular experience with trace level analysis
• Strong organisational and excellent interpersonal communication skills
• Demonstrated excellence in technical writing skills
• Demonstrable ability to work in multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural teams
• Demonstrable ability to work independently, influence others and lead a project or team
• Demonstrated ability to work to high standards of quality and safety