12 Month Contract
£47.11 per hour via Umbrella (inside IR35)
Senior Scientist/Immunologist in GSK Immunology Network
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated and skilled Immunologist to join the GSK Immunology Network within the Immunology Research Unit at our UK Research Site in Stevenage.
The GSK Immunology Network is a unique collaborative program integrating immunology expertise across all therapy areas, between GSK and academia to deliver the best science and medicines for patients. We are looking for an experienced lab based immunologist to be part of team alongside GSK postdoctoral fellows and scientists as part of this initiative for a 12 month period.
The successful candidate will contribute to research to determine the mechanism of action monogenic IBD genes associated with myeloid and intestinal epithelial cells. As part of this role, you will:
· Develop cellular assays and determine mechanism of action monogenic IBD genes associated with myeloid and intestinal epithelial cells.
· Contribute to the development of myeloid-intestinal epithelial co-culture systems to investigate cellular mechanisms involved in IBD.
· Work in close collaboration with PIs from academic institutes.
Exceptional scientists with a minimum of 2 years practical hands on laboratory experience with extensive experience handling human blood and samples are highly encouraged to apply. Your primary focus will be in the laboratory where you will be expected to perform laboratory experiments, data analysis, record keeping and reporting of results to agreed timelines, and give presentations at internal meetings. The ideal candidate will ensure compliance with all GSK R&D data integrity practices, ethics codes, standards and training, and safety training and practices and also share our team values which include integrity, collaboration, diversity of thinking and respect.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Science graduate with additional lab based research experience
· Practical experience of working with human-derived biological material (blood/tissue)
· Knowledge and practical experience in the isolation of human primary cell types and working with iPSC lines including intestinal epithelial lines
· Experience and proficient in the running of advanced multi-parametric cellular detection systems such as high-content imaging, flow cytometry, multiplexed immunoassays
· Ability to work effectively in multidisciplinary teams and will display excellent interpersonal and communication skills, interacting with scientists and our academic collaborators at all levels.
· A good track record of delivery against objectives.
· The ability to work independently with limited guidance and to identify problems in routine lab work and implement appropriate solutions.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be advantageous:
· A PhD in Immunology or closely related discipline.
· Experience in automated laboratory equipment for arrayed CRISPR screens
· Experience in the generation of, maintenance and culture of iPSC derived intestinal epithelial cells
· Interest in immunometabolism, IBD and bacterial handling
· Experience in designing and implemented CRISPR-Cas9 editing approaches
· Practical experience in Immunological cell-based assay technologies