12 Month Contract
Pay rate £588.17 per day via Umbrella (inside IR35)
The purpose of the role is to support the Treasury Operations Manager to manage the day-to-day back office activities of the Treasury Operations team. Primarily this would include settlements, confirmations, STEP plans and static data updates within the Treasury Management System. The role will also guide internal and external stakeholders with respect to adherence and understanding of Treasury Operations processes and applicable BPSDs and GSOPs.
· Manage the daily corporate treasury settlement and confirmation processes ensuring that all payments are confirmed and executed within defined cut-off times.
· Support the Treasury Operations Manager with the oversight and responses to requests received via Operations Email in-box.
· Work closely with Corporate Treasury and other stakeholders to ensure that all Structured payments take account of the complexities associated with settlement and banking.
· Provide day-to-day guidance on banking and settlements to external GSK teams and Local Operating companies as well as the broader treasury team as required
· Review daily bank reconciliations and follow up on identified reconciling items with banking counterparts as well as local operating companies to address and identify problem prevention proposals where appropriate.
· Ensure banking static data remains up to date and that updates comply with GSK BPSDs and Treasury GSOPs. This includes the review and authorisation of any additions or amendments to the static data.
· Support the Treasury Operations Manager with the reporting of Treasury Operations Activity
· Support the Treasury Operations Manager to identify and the implementation of on-going system and process improvements
· Review, monitor and guide Treasury and external teams (including Local Operating Companies) compliance of respective GSK BPSDs and GSOPs
· Activities completed to a high level of accuracy each day within applicable bank cut-off times
· Provide cover and support to Treasury Operations Manager when and where required.
· Understanding of Treasury Operations systems and processes in order to guide all internal and external stakeholders as required and to provide input and support to the Treasury Operations Manager for further enhancements
· Support the development and delivery of structured payments
· Comply with GSK BPSDs and GSOPs as these apply to Treasury Operations and as directed by the Treasury GPO, Systems and Processes
· Treasury operations will oversee the management of internal and external cash flows (physical and non-physical) to £100 bn + per annum. In addition, Treasury is required to process high-value and non-standard payments to support M&A and other corporate initiatives
· Proactively challenge the daily process to identify and drive improvements e.g. between the dealing team, the cash team and core business services
· Ability to identify and address problems arising with settlements, confirmations and the development of structured payments.
· Attention to detail and accuracy
· Ability to manage and work on multiple activities and priorities
· Good teamwork and communication skills
· Ability to work towards tight deadlines given the time critical nature of transactions and daily processes
· Good interpersonal and organisational skills
· should I paint in their analysis
· Support projects to deliver process and systems improvements
· Will seek out continuous, incremental as well as novel improvements to GSK’s systems and processes as these apply to Treasury Operations
· Work with and influence internal and external stakeholders to ensure understanding of Treasury Operations requirements and guide compliance with respective GSK BPSDs and GSOPs
· Day-to-day relationship management with internal and external stakeholders to ensure timely and accurate payments and to address queries and problems
Skills / experience
· University graduate or equivalent
· Demonstrable understanding of Treasury Operations, Systems and Processes
· ACT Qualification (preferred) or equivalent financial qualification
· Experience of Global Treasury Operations in a multinational corporate environment
· Experience and knowledge of Treasury Management Systems
· IHC operational experience
· Communication and influencing of internal and external stakeholders