Position: Life Sciences Editor
Contract Length:12-month contract, full time hours
Pay rate: Up to £450 per day via Umbrella inside IR35
We are a global biopharma company with a purpose to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together.
Getting ahead of disease is one of the most inspiring challenges there is on the planet. We aim to positively impact the health of 2.5 billion people over the next 10 years.
We prioritise innovation in vaccines and specialty medicines, maximising the increasing opportunities to prevent and treat disease. At the heart of this is our R&D focus on the science of the immune system, human genetics and advanced technologies, and our world-leading capabilities in vaccines and medicines development.
We are a company where outstanding people can thrive.
About the role
Are you looking for a role where you can create something new? Are you a good writer, creative, organised and up to speed with the latest content trends?
We are looking for an Editor for the Behind the science section of our brand new global corporate website. We want to turn Behind the science from the editorial section of our website into an industry leading, journalistic, science-led, content hub, which is core to our content marketing strategy.
To achieve this, we’re looking for someone who can create the editorial strategy and mine stories from across the business and wider industry on a broad range of topics. The successful candidate will both write and commission others to write engaging articles that leave readers searching for more and subscribing to Behind the science for content alerts. They should enjoy working on videos and podcasts too, and across multiple topics to ensure the spectrum of GSK’s work is being represented and in the right way. They will also excel at content amplification, owning a budget and working with our social media and SEO experts on campaigns. Metrics and insights will also be a key step in the cycle to ensure continuous improvement.
· Passion for creating science and healthcare content, and communicating scientific information to different target audiences
· 8+ years professional experience with excellent editorial writing skills – a journalistic background is preferred
· Understanding of the power of imagery, video and podcasts for digital storytelling, with experience commissioning this content for external audiences
· Understanding of corporate websites and social media channels, and how they can be used to deliver as part of a multichannel digital content strategy
· Knowledge of web design and UX, ideally with experience of content management systems
· Experience accessing and applying digital insights to set targets for and improve future content and campaigns
· Experience writing content strategies and working with content calendars
· Strong project management and stakeholder management skills
· Educated to life sciences degree level and/or healthcare industry experience
· Understanding of the ABPI Code of Practice beneficial, but not essential
· Create and deliver against a content strategy for Behind the science
· Mine stories and work with stakeholders to create an impactful content calendar that where necessary feeds into the wider Communications & Government Affairs content calendar
· Partner with internal and external subject matter experts to create Behind the science content, writing some and commissioning others
· Work with the Content Production and Visual Identity team to create visual, moving image and audio content
· Co-create and deliver compelling social media and SEO campaigns to amplify the reach of Behind the science and draw new audiences to gsk.com
· Create and manage a regular Behind the science content alert for subscribers to increase Behind the science page views and subscriber numbers
· Continually assess and apply digital insights to set targets for and improve future content and social media campaigns
· Build and publish content on gsk.com and GSK’s social media channels
· Work closely with the other members of the Global Digital Communications, Campaigns & VI team