£13.50 per hour PAYE
Initial Contract until February 2023
Who Are We - GSK?
We are a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer. GlaxoSmithKline plc was formed in 2000 as a result of a merger between Glaxo Wellcome plc and SmithKline Beecham plc , although our history can be traced back more than 300 years to London’s Plough Court Pharmacy in the 1700s.
Our goal is to be one of the world’s most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. Our strategy is to bring differentiated, high-quality and needed healthcare products to as many people as possible, with our three global businesses, scientific and technical know-how and talented people. Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture:
- Our values are Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity
- Our expectations are Courage, Accountability, Development, Teamwork
To carry out physical and chemical analytical test methods on oral, stability and sterile
products using SOPs, and accurately document the results as part of the Quality Control
process to ensure a batch of product is of satisfactory quality for release to the market.
- To test routine production and stability samples supplied from the site Value Streams and meet testing lead-time targets.
- Calibrate and maintain analytical equipment.
- Carry out qualitative and quantitative analysis of antibiotic powders and solid dose forms using a wide range of analytical
- techniques (eg: HPLC, Karl Fischer, dissolutions etc).
- To carry out OOS investigations and discuss the outcome with Team Leader, or relevant production Dept, QA manager or a Qualified Person, as required.
- To check and verify analytical testing and data generated by other analysts
- To adhere to and help maintain the highest levels of safety and GLP within the section and ensure training records are kept up to date.
- Perform validation of equipment and methods as required
- Daily liaison with both other analysts and team leader regarding testing and test results. May be required to take a lead role within a small team of analysts working together on a common analytical technique e.g. HPLC.
- Supplying data / reports to Value Stream as requested.
- May be required to communicate with the relevant Value Stream to progress OOS investigations
- HNC or equivalent in scientific discipline
- A high standard and appreciation of GMP/GLP - training provided
- Good reporting and recording skills using Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and site systems
- A methodical approach and meticulous attention to detail
- Computer literate
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, combined with flexibility.
- Ability to positively contribute to the team.
- Meticulous attention to detail, ability to function in an atmosphere of constant change with detailed accuracy.
- Good team worker