Power BI Developer - Fully remote working
Pay rate up to £520 per day via Umbrella inside IR35
Initial contract until end of 2022
Who Are We - GSK?
We are a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer. GlaxoSmithKline plc was formed in 2000 as a result of a merger between Glaxo Wellcome plc and SmithKline Beecham plc , although our history can be traced back more than 300 years to London’s Plough Court Pharmacy in the 1700s.
Our goal is to be one of the world’s most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. Our strategy is to bring differentiated, high-quality and needed healthcare products to as many people as possible, with our three global businesses, scientific and technical know-how and talented people. Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture:
- Our values are Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity
- Our expectations are Courage, Accountability, Development, Teamwork
About the role:
Are you highly self-motivated, forward-thinking who enjoys working on high volume projects as part of a team? If so, we have a fantastic opportunity to join and support the UK LOC in its journey to becoming a more data driven organisation. This means providing our teams with easy access to relevant and timely data to inform faster and more insight driven decision making. In addition, this will enable faster feedback on the impact of change as the organisation undergoes agile transformation and transition to a ‘test and learn’ approach.
The main purpose of the role is the delivery of business insights in the form of reporting dashboards, presentations and ad-hoc analysis that will be used to drive business decisions and actions both strategically and operationally.
We are seeking an experienced Power BI Developer to create and develop a suite of data sets, reports and dashboards that will turn the underlying data into decision making tools for end users.
The main responsibility of this role is to work in partnership with the Reporting manager to understand the organisation’s needs and develop reports in the Microsoft Power BI platform.
Key responsibilities include the following:
• Contribute across all phases of GSK projects (e.g. Plan, Analyze, Design, Build and Test)
• Adept at leveraging new approaches to solutions for system design and functionality
• Partner with cross-functional teams to ensure consistent, positive client interaction and solution delivery
• Design and develop reports and dashboards using Power BI
• Analyse business requirements through the Reporting Manager
• Develop and update technical documentation
• Delivery of the product through the development and testing environments into live, production workspaces. Advising on change control, embedding and user training needs.
• Help level-up Power BI skills in wider Business Insights team
• 3+ years enterprise experience creating reports and dashboards in Power BI, including ability to use DAX to create measures
• Experience in creating compelling data visualisations to allow users to digest complex information quickly and easily
• Understanding of how to structure data models to deliver performant Power BI reports, and experience with working with DBAs/data engineers to specify requirements
• Strong SQL skills, ideally with experience using Azure SQL Server to create views, etc.
• Exposure to Power BI Premium
• Exposure to Azure
• Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written