Nitrosamine Lab Analyst
Initial 6 month contract
Pay rate up to £21.50 per hour PAYE
Who Are We - GSK?
We are a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer. GlaxoSmithKline plc was formed in 2000 as a result of a merger between Glaxo Wellcome plc and SmithKline Beecham plc , although our history can be traced back more than 300 years to London’s Plough Court Pharmacy in the 1700s.
Our goal is to be one of the world’s most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. Our strategy is to bring differentiated, high-quality and needed healthcare products to as many people as possible, with our three global businesses, scientific and technical know-how and talented people. Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture:
- Our values are Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity
- Our expectations are Courage, Accountability, Development, Teamwork
About the role:
We are currently recruiting an Analytical Scientist, to be based in Stevenage, Hertfordshire, UK. This role will see you developing and performing analytical methods using a range of techniques, including LC-MS and LC-MS/MS for GMP testing of drug substance and drug product.
The successful candidate will be involved with a diverse range of activities including:
· Perform trace quantitative testing, particularly using LC-MS and LC-MS/MS of drug substance and drug product using established analytical methods
· Preparation and management of samples (powder, tablets etc) for analysis
· Support the development of analytical methods for testing drug substance and drug product
· Own and manage interactions with key stakeholders, e.g. communication, data/information flow, shipment of materials etc.
• BSc in chemistry, biochemistry, pharmaceuticals, or related scientific discipline
• Experience in analytical method development/validation for pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical products, in particular experience with trace level analysis
• Strong organisational and excellent interpersonal communication skills
• Demonstrated excellence in technical writing skills
• Demonstrable ability to work in multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural teams
• Demonstrable ability to work independently, influence others and lead a project or team
• Demonstrated ability to work to high standards of quality and safety