Position: QA Scientist (Plant Cell Culture Scientist )
Pay Rate: £20.28 Per Hour Via Umbrella / Inside IR35 / PAYE Option is available
LOA: 7 months
Position Available: 2 Position
To carry out plant cell culturing activities associated with the Quillaja Saponaria project within BPS. This primarily involves a program of work to generate calli from plants, maintain calli on agar and culture the plant cells in liquid suspension.
- To participate in generation and maintenance of calli and generate cell cultures in liquid suspension ensuring all activities are performed according to the schedule.
- To design and implement a high throughput screening methodology for assessing calli and improving QS21 production.
- To identify methodologies and areas for improvement in screening program, conducting experiments to verify improvements and incorporate them into the screen.
- Identify new technologies to establish and improve efficiency of the screen, liaise with suppliers, establish cost benefits and implement where appropriate.
- Ensure all data is recorded in appropriate format. Analyse data using appropriate statistical software and use results to improve the screening program.
- To interact and liaise with other BPS teams to support delivery of BPS objectives associated with the plant cell project
- To adhere to and help maintain the highest levels of Safety and GLP across the department.
· Ensure facilities and equipment are maintained to an appropriate standard and raise issues as necessary.
Minimum Lvl of Education:
Graduate qualification in scientific discipline or a number of years of practical experience