Role - Microbiology Technologist
Rate -Pay rate is £15.40 per hour PAYE
Contract until end of November
Overall Role Responsibilities
Responsibilities applicable to all roles at Barnard Castle PSC site:
• To work as a flexible and motivated member of the team.
• To follow all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and/or Standards of Work (SW) applicable and in which the individual has been trained.
• To act at all times in compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and to report any quality issues.
• To act in a safe manner, always (in compliance with the Health & Safety at Work Act, and all other relevant legislation) and to use GSK safety reporting systems to highlight potential hazards.
• To remain up to date with all training requirements (both ‘classroom’ courses and computer- based training through the ‘My Learning’ internal platform).
• To take part in Continuous Improvement (CI) activities to highlight improvements to equipment and processes.
• To take part in Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and Corrective and Preventative Action (CAPA) processes.
Key Experience / Skills:
Experience and skills that are required for this role are as follows:
Job Specific Responsibilities:
• To be multi skilled and demonstrate a level of specialism in a minimum of the disciplines listed above, employing high standards of Good Laboratory Practice (GLP).
• To be knowledgeable in regulatory requirements associated with their specialism area.
• To be able to work without direct supervision in their area of specialism on the Barnard Castle site or other sites as required.
• To develop methodology for new or modified techniques and prepare written SOPs/Methods.
• To train junior staff in any aspects of their work as specified by the Team Manager.
• Create documentation, methods, procedures, protocols and reports to agreed targets.
• To support investigations/projects within their specialism within the department.
• To participate/represent the department on major site projects.
• To prepare and publish reports/analyse monitoring data as directed by the Team Manager.
• To liaise efficiently and effectively with Production/Quality Assurance (QA) and other corporate groups as required.
• Support audit readiness activities.
• To support routine monitoring programmes within their areas of specialism.
• To provide active support to Team Manager during regulatory inspection.
Minimum Level of Education Required:
Minimum GCSE / A level in Science
Minimum Level of Job-Related Experience Required:
• Demonstrated role at 1 previous employer