£21.00 p/h PAYE or £28.00 p/h Umbrella
Duration – 12 Months
If you’re looking for a career that will help you stand out, join GSK, and fulfil your potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, GSK offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further. They are currently seeking an experienced individual in the role of Associate Scientist.
The job holder will be responsible for the generation and isolation of a range of proteins from different host backgrounds. In your role you will work in partnership with drug discovery experts to generate protein reagents to support the discovery of antibody and small molecule therapeutics. The candidate will require a strong interest in protein production and purification and skills in: protein expression, purification, and analysis.
• Life Science graduate
• Experience of expression and purification of recombinant proteins and antibodies
• Experience of using an AKTA to purify proteins, and use of a wide variety of purification resins
• Demonstrated knowledge of protein analytical and biophysical characterisation techniques
• Track record of flexibility and teamwork2.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Good record keeping skills
• Experience with mammalian and insect cell culture, transfection and expression techniques
• Experience with molecular biology design and construct generation.
• Strong data handling skills.
• Experience with labelling of proteins
Should you have any questions in relation to the above please do not hesitate to me on Mohammed.Wasim@jeffersonwells.co.uk.