Senior Data Scientist
Brentford / Remote
People Data & Analytics (PDA) is seeking a Senior Data Scientist for a three-month engagement. The role sits within HR, working to deliver data science projects, using clustering and classification methods.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
· BSc degree in a STEM-related discipline (Mathematics or Engineering, Data Science/ML, Statistics, Computer Science, Physics) with 5+ years’ experience in data science
· Strong experience in tree-based and clustering ML techniques using data science frameworks
· Deep experience with Python and SQL
· Experience with cloud-based computing, preferably Azure and/or Databricks.
· Experience of comparing results from various methodologies then explaining the technical concepts at all levels in the organisation, including senior managers/stakeholders.
· Experience in delivering solutions to production via Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery through use of good software engineering practices
· Great communication skills to explain modelling approach and outcomes to a variety of stakeholders, including senior management and peer data scientists from across GSK
· Working knowledge and experience of project management methodologies, include Agile methodologies and the hypothesis-driven approach
· Coach and develop junior team members on best practices in data science
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
· Knowledge and experience of people data landscape.
· Experience in healthcare or pharmaceutical industries.
If you feel you would be suitable, please apply using your most up to date CV