Value Evidence and Outcomes Director
We are seeking a global Value Evidence and Outcomes (VEO) Director who would be accountable for supporting the global strategy and delivery of value evidence (health outcomes, economics, patient reported outcomes, and real world evidence) for our COVID-19 Therapeutic.
Collaborative working with diverse business partners across R&D and commercial will be essential to ensure optimal evidence generation strategies are in place from early development through to late stage development and launch.
VEO associate directors are critical to delivering the value evidence requirements of our launched and pipeline assets. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the Value Evidence Leader in the process of planning, generating and delivering health outcomes and economic evidence to demonstrate the value of our COVID-19 Therapeutic to payers, regulators, healthcare providers, and patients.
The VEO Associate Director will report to the Senior Director for the Immunology & COVID-19 Portfolio, and support our COVID-19 Therapeutic as well as having flexibility to support pipeline immunology products as prioritized by the research organisation.
· VEO input into the Integrated Evidence Plan (IEP) in select pipeline indications (COVID-19) and/or immunology pipeline assets
· VEO Projects supporting the IEP, bringing required technical knowledge and ensuring high quality of deliverables. This could include, but is not limited to: literature reviews, value evidence dossiers, real-world evidence, indirect treatment comparisons.
· Specific sub-teams, projects, or external collaborations as identified through interactions with VET (Value Evidence Team) including health outcomes, epidemiology, statistics, clinical, medical affairs.
· Transparency of evidence generation activities within the Franchise markets to the IET.
· At direction of Head, TA lead or Director, VEL, support external collaborations and scientific evidence requirements with reimbursement bodies and decision makers (e.g. formal scientific advice).
· The role will involve working closely with many stakeholders. Areas for partnership will include
o Working with colleagues in local markets to ensure local evidence generation needs are met in line with the medicine strategy.
o Working with commercial, medical, market access, patients in partnership, Real World Analytics, Epidemiology, Patient Focused Outcomes, Clinical Scientists and other colleagues to:
- Gain insights into evidence generation requirements
- Agree evidence generation options and design
- Contribute to the development of critical medicine development activities; including: the Integrated Evidence Plan (with a focus on the needs of payers, providers and patients), the Medicine Profile, and the Value Proposition
- Inform clinical trial design to capture the economic and humanistic measurements required to deliver a medicine with differentiated value.
· Key evidence supporting internal governance reviews and reimbursement submissions.
· The Value Evidence and Outcomes specific activities as defined in the IEP (real world evidence, indirect comparisons, economic modelling, value evidence dossier, literature reviews, Patient Reported Outcomes strategy etc) ensuring the scientific robustness of the study protocol, study execution, analyses, and reporting.
· Timely and impactful publications.
· The Value Evidence and Outcomes materials to inform internal governance decision making or support key markets’ reimbursement activities depending on stage of development.
· Assistance in development of scientific evidence documents for discussions with Regulatory and Payer agencies, and decision makers (e.g. formal scientific advice) for pipeline indications / assets.
· Compliance with necessary regulations for quality and disclosure.
Basic Qualifications and Experience:
· Master’s degree in Health outcomes, patient reported outcomes, health economics, epidemiology, pharmacy, health or life sciences.
· Experience in health outcomes or an aligned discipline/function with strong technical knowledge in key areas including economic modelling and observational studies.
· Pharmaceutical experience that includes: Drug development and/or and launch experience in support of value evidence generation.
· Effective communicator (oral/written) who can translate specific research projects and outcomes at project team level and demonstrate application to the integrated evidence plan
· Capable to manage individual projects, budgets, and matrix interactions (internal/external consistent with each research project
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
· Doctorate level (e.g. PhD, Pharm D) or higher level degree with commensurate industry and business qualification.
· Experience in Immunology and/or COVID-19 desirable but not mandatory.
· Global R&D and/or in-market experience.
If you feel you would be suitable, please send in your most up to date CV