Position: EHS Advisor
Pay Rate: Umbrella £33.27 Per hour / PAYE 21.94 Per Hour / INSIDE IR35
LOA: 6th June 2022 – 16th Dec 2022
Minimum experience required –
· Degree qualified in a Science related subject (chemistry, biology etc.) or possess significant, relevant experience
· NEBOSH Certificate
· Demonstrable background of working as an EHS professional in a highly regulated environment, ideally pharmaceutical industry
· Thorough knowledge of UK EHS regulations
Preferred experience –
· NEBOSH Diploma
· Chartered Member of IOSH or working towards
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare.
We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 89 manufacturing sites, and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Belgium and China.
We have more than 11,000 employees, across our Global R&D sites, and we are the nucleus for identifying and developing new medicines that help people do more, feel better and live longer.
We are currently looking to recruit an EHS Advisor for our Stevenage site. The individual will be responsible for delivering a wide range of services to R&D and working effectively with other EHS professionals to deliver an efficient service to business partners, facilities and project management staff.
You will be joining a vibrant, high performing team that enjoys working cross-functionally, delivering exceptional levels of support and expertise, building and sustaining relationships and enjoying a variety of challenges to facilitate drug development in a fast moving, dynamic workplace.
The key responsibilities for this role are as follows –
· Provide day to day services and solutions to business areas and/or specialism that meet legal and Corporate requirements whilst also satisfying the evolving needs of the business
· Act as the single point of EHS contact for R&D science department / business partner
· Work effectively with other key EHS professionals to deliver an efficient EHS Service to business partners, facilities and project management staff
· Partner with GSK to access and minimise a wide variety of EHS risks within a complex and diverse GSK organisation to develop and refine local management systems in line with emerging requirements
· Actively participate in delivery of the GSK EHS&S objectives including the rollout of Life Saving Rules and deployment of the Operational Safety Leadership programme
· Influence individuals from a wide range of backgrounds and responsibilities including scientific staff, senior managers and outside regulatory agency personnel in EHS matters
· Prioritise a number of activities, undertaken by this position, and manage activities and projects concurrently in a rapidly changing environment. Consult with, inform and influence colleagues and customers in their EHS decision making within region
· Develop and refine the EHS safety management system documentation in line with emerging legislation, technology and best practice and support governance activities including management monitoring. eg. Audit, GEMBA
· Involvement in the investigation of incidents and supporting the business in development of controls to prevent recurrence
· Alerting customers of new or changing technical requirements and providing an operating framework to accommodate the change