GCP Data Architect
My Client is looking for a Data Architect with a deep, hands-on design and development background in GCP. This role will be based in Stevenage for a 6 month contract.
• Create business cases for technology and organisational transformation to enable migration to or utilisation of GCP and hybrid cloud
• Develop solution architecture, implementation plans and estimates
• Design and deploy enterprise-wide scalable, highly available, secure, and reliable platforms and architectures on GCP full-stack.
• Experience as a google cloud architect.
• Delivering within an agile based Scrum team.
• A track record of translating business needs into strategy, architecture and executable roadmaps and leading architecture in support of a significant portfolio of change.
• Experience of making complex design decisions with authority, even in times of ambiguity, balancing advancing strategy, immediate business needs and potential long-term risks and implications.
• Strong analytical skills and ability to solve complex problems at scale.
• Built effective networks internally and created opportunities for others to work collaboratively.
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills; an ability to communicate with impact, ensuring complex information is articulated in a meaningful way to wide and varied audiences including senior executives, business, architecture governance bodies and IT delivery.
• Ability to work globally and across cultures.
• Deep, hands-on design and development background in GCP, across a wide range of GCP services;
• Experience in implementing applications onto cloud platforms and usage of their major components in order to define cloud native application architectures such as Microservices, Service Mesh or Data Streaming applications
• Hands on Infrastructure-as-Code technologies: Terraform, Ansible & knowledge of DevOps.
• Experience of architecting Google Data and Integration solutions (DataProc, DataFusion, DataFlow, Pub/Sub)
- Cloud Architect
- Data Engineer
- Cloud DevOps Engineer