Until October 2022
Up to £28 per hour PAYE or £36 per hour via umbrella
GSK have a challenging and inspiring mission: to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a high-calibre Engineering Technician to join the team at Ulverston as part of the Zinnat Supply Chain (ZSC) – who supply Cephalosporin antibiotics to numerous markets across the globe. This permanent role is to maintain process, utilities, and facilities plant associated with the pharmaceutical manufacture.
You will need to provide support for all electrical issues on site ensuring that site performance targets for safety, quality and delivery are met. This will involve carrying out planned preventative maintenance, dealing with breakdowns, and providing support to investigations and improvement initiatives.
This is currently a days-based role working Mon-Fri but we may require candidates to work shifts if the business requires them to do so.
In this role you will…
· Carry out planned preventative maintenance routines across the site.
· Respond to breakdowns in a timely manner.
· Provide electrical support to projects.
· Apply continuous improvement mindset and methodology.
· Resolve problems to understand Root Cause.
· Use SAP/ MERPS to capture and monitor maintenance trends.
· Perform electrical isolations complying with safe systems of work.
· Co-ordinate contractors & supervise work packages.
· Apply 5S methodology to achieve good housekeeping standards.
· Adhere to and enhance engineering safety and quality standards.
· Served a recognised apprenticeship in Instrumentation or Electrical engineering.
· Educated to City & Guilds standard or equivalent accompanied by NVQ Level 3 if appropriate.
· Experience of maintaining Instrumentation & Electrical plant & equipment.
· Knowledge of relevant regulatory standards and maintenance best practices.
· Understands instrumentation & electrical schematics, process flow diagrams and Engineering Line Diagrams.
· Experience of working with process and processing systems including hazardous area.
· I.T. Skills including use of Computerised Maintenance Management Systems such as SAP.
· Customer focused team player with broad knowledge electrical systems.
· Compex Ex01-04 qualification.
· City & Guilds 18th Edition Wiring Regulations (2382-18) qualification
· Experience of maintaining Instrumentation plant & equipment.
· Experience in HV switching operations (up to 11Kv), SSOW & associated safety documentation