Executive Assistant - Treasury
Contract until October 2022 (Maternity Cover)
Pay rate up to £23 per hour via Umbrella or £17 per hour PAYE - Inside IR35
Weybridge/Brentford - Hybrid Remote working
Who Are We - GSK?
We are a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer. GlaxoSmithKline plc was formed in 2000 as a result of a merger between Glaxo Wellcome plc and SmithKline Beecham plc , although our history can be traced back more than 300 years to London’s Plough Court Pharmacy in the 1700s.
Our goal is to be one of the world’s most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. Our strategy is to bring differentiated, high-quality and needed healthcare products to as many people as possible, with our three global businesses, scientific and technical know-how and talented people. Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture:
- Our values are Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity
- Our expectations are Courage, Accountability, Development, Teamwork
The Treasury Executive Assistant will support the SVP & Group Treasurer and the VP, Corporate Finance, as well as providing ad hoc support to the wider Treasury team of c.25 people. The role will also provide holiday cover for the Tax Executive Assistant and to other Finance teams where necessary.
· Extensive Diary Management
· Organising meetings (routine e.g. Treasury Management Group, & ad hoc including those involving Senior Management, plus associated functions e.g. room bookings, catering, visitor bookings, Teamsites, etc) & Other Functions / Department Celebratory events e.g. lunches, dinners, bank invitations, Christmas Party, birthdays, new baby arrivals, weddings, etc.
· Organising Business Travel
· Maintenance of GSK Admin systems for:
o Expenses (Concur)
o Ordering stationery, office/IT equipment, & business cards (SAP)
o Recruitment & other staff related systems e.g. Employee Recognition (Workday & GSK Service Catalogue)
o Post (collected & distributed) & organising courier services e.g. DHL and motorcycle
o Genpact Admin Support management (Fieldglass)
o Floor Maintenance (Spacetrac) including being a Fire warden e.g. Facilities for lockers, office service centres, IT
· Maintenance of Treasury Department systems & processes for:
o Paper & Electronic filing, plus archiving in accordance with retention schedule
o Onboarding: ID Pass & checklist, Shared drive custodian (grant access), Team email distribution list, CSN10 Teamsite access (ensure Audit compliancy)
o Leavers: Checklist, & access removal from systems (ensure Audit compliancy)
o Updating the Department Organisation Chart and thereafter the Treasury intranet site
o Updating Department Contact Lists, also in respect of Business Continuity Planning
o Updating External Contacts List
o Updating Hospitality Register (ensure Audit compliancy)
o Auditors (external & internal) – set up of Q/end & Y/end meetings
o Completion of Compulsory My Learnings to ensure department ABAC compliant
o Annual Procedures Manual update for Management & Administration procedures
o Telephone NICE Recording (for Ops & Dealers)
· This role is an ideal opportunity for a successful candidate to develop a strong understanding of Treasury, supporting interactions with several Treasury Centres of Excellence as well as third parties.
· Good secretarial skills and experience;
· Competency using Microsoft Office, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook;
· Ability to communicate with brevity and impact across verbal and written mediums;
· Demonstrate ability to work under pressure & prioritise work whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy;
· Trustworthy, flexible and ‘can do’ attitude, drive to ensure that task is achieved;
· Build relationships with strong team-working skills
· Ability to challenge current processes and present rationale for recommended improvements.