Treasury Global Cash Analyst
GSK House (Brentford) OR GSK Weybridge (Hybrid Remote Working)
7 Month Contract
Pay: up to £378 per day (Inside IR35 – via Umbrella ONLY)
The role will report to the Treasury Global Cash Manager responsible for the management of the daily consolidated funding and exposure requirements for the Group and analysis of GSK’s short-term liquidity position, including calculation and presentation of the Group’s global cash position over the forthcoming five-week period. The role is also accountable for the completion of daily cash reconciliations of GSK bank accounts and have responsibility for defining and standardising Treasury processes to drive continuous improvements.
Area of Responsibility
· Manage the Group’s global cash position to ensure the optimum use of cash on a daily basis, to maximise cash at centre
· Ensuring the ongoing integrity of the global centralised sweeping bank account set-up, SWIFT and the optimum bank account structure (best practices as standard)
· Manage the funding and maintenance to a minimum balance for GSK's main operational FX currencies.
· Co-ordinate the submission of accurate and timely forecasting of payments from the Finance Hubs and in-house payment houses. Including the development and maintenance of appropriate forecasting tools including templates and defining intercompany payments and receipts.
· Manage each LOC to accurately forecast sales receipts and cash inflows to the Group.
· Preparation (weekly) of the Groups global cash position over the upcoming 5 Week period. Lead and engage all LOCs and functions to provide accurate and timely submission of individual forecasts.
· Accountable for delivery of the daily cash reconciliation, monthly bank interest and monthly charges review for GSK bank accounts
· Deliver the monthly Non-Centre Cash report and assist the operational teams to reduce their Non-Centre Cash balances across the Group.
· Develop and deliver other key cash pooling KPIs
· Alignment to Treasury processes and procedures
· Manage the Group’s global cash position to ensure the optimum use of cash on a daily basis, to maximise cash at centre and for GSK’s main operational FX currencies, maintain to a minimum balance
· Prepare (weekly) reports of the Groups global cash position and forecasts for centre and non-centre cash. The role will lead the engagement with LOCs, Finance Hubs and other functions to oversee required reconciliations and ensure accurate and timely submissions
· Develop and oversee the preparation of key statistics to reflect all cash management activities
Impact & Risk
· Overall cash flows / movements in excess of £100bn. Visibility of Group’s funding needs and currency requirements will be critical to the role.
· Treasury Transformation will centralise the flow of funds to centre and therefore the role of Treasury is elevated and will need to ensure appropriate leadership and oversight of the LOCs
· Introduction of cash forecasting discipline and accuracy to optimize GSK’s funding and ensure accountability of the LOCs for timely advice of funding needs
· Support and solve issues arising following the implementation of the Treasury Transformation project to ensure new processes settle and are understood within Treasury and externally as required
· Proactively challenge the daily process to identify and drive improvements e.g. between the dealing team, the cash team and core business services
· Assimilate the impact on cash management and forecasting of changes arising from the various projects that may be considered post Go-Live
· Attention to detail and accuracy
· Ability to manage and work on multiple activities and priorities
· Good teamwork and communication skills
· Ability to work towards tight deadlines given the time critical nature of transactions and daily processes
· Good interpersonal and organisational skills
Qualifications & Experience
· Professional Accountancy Qualification, AMCT or equivalent financial based qualification (or experience within a similar Treasury corporate role)
· Experience in Cash Management, ERP, Treasury Management Systems
· Communication and influencing of internal and external stakeholders to drive and implement cash management and forecasting disciplines
· Leading and working in multi-disciplinary teams