3 Month Contract possible extension
Pay rate £500 per day via Umbrella inside IR35
Data Scientist or Senior Data Scientist required to take a lead on the GSK respiratory disease prediction project. GSK produces a number of over the counter products aimed at flu and flu like symptom relief. The aim of the project is to better understand flu and flu like illnesses in GSKs global markets with an aim to develop a tracking and prediction modelling solution. The solution is an easily understandable metric suitable for internal stakeholder and external consumers to understand the situation where they are. A solution has already been created and productionised. The data scientist and part of this squad will lead the support and development of models for new markets with support from machine learning engineering. The model must be developed with the aim to productionise with the support of internal support.
You will be working with our Principal Data Scientist for Research and Development
· Contribute to all aspects of the Data Science Project Lifecycle from scope through to production
· Strong communication and team working skills with demonstratable ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team to deliver projects on time and within scope. Required to attend all squad team meetings and project meetings remotely.
· Experience with forecasting / time series analysis
· Experience with the azure data science stack including ML ops.
· Provide leadership and guidance on monitoring ongoing data quality and model performance
· Own and define the key performance indicators (KPIs) and diagnostics to measure performance against business goals
· Compile, integrate, and analyse data from multiple sources to answer business questions
· Can conceptualize, formulate, prototype and implement algorithms to solve business problems
· Proven extensive experience developing and implementing Machine Learning algorithms on large data sets for time series analysis and predictions with a specialisation in forecasting.
· Are experienced in Agile methodologies and the hypothesis-driven approach
· Ability to articulate and document work done clearly.
· Experience building large scale machine learning systems
· Ability to document progress and code during appropriate time during sprints.