Job description Posted 25 March 2022
£19.33 per hour PAYE
Contract until end of year
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and test a wide range of process plant equipment to ensure mechanical safety and quality compliance.
- Diagnose and repair process plant equipment and mechanical faults including escalation where necessary to enhance production performance.
- Inspection of process plant equipment to verify the correct and safe operation.
- Verify and support the installation, operation and performance of new project installations as part of commissioning to ensure validation.
- Accurately Record and Report all maintenance activities to provide documented evidence of analysis and audit trail.
- Provide coaching & mentoring to apprentices and new technicians to contribute to their development.
- Ensure all activities comply with site safety procedure and safe systems of work including accepting permits for mechanical systems carrying out electrical isolations.
- Conduct suitable handover to ensure job status is communicated to appropriate person.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Broad knowledge of maintaining mechanical equipment.
- Knowledge of maintaining process plant equipment.
- Able to comply with internal and external engineering and regulatory standards.
- Experience of working with process and processing systems including working in hazardous areas.
- Systems knowledge; Working knowledge of SAP systems and IT skills.
- Interpersonal skills; Good communications (written/oral) and team player.
- Organisational skills; Practical/methodical/forward thinking.