Senior Separations Scientist / Mass Spectroscopist
End of 2022
£28p/h Max Via Umbrella
We’re seeking a motivated analytical chemist to join our Methods Innovation team at GSK’s R&D site at Stevenage in Hertfordshire. As an experienced separations scientist/mass spectroscopist you will be working on a project to seek, develop and embed next generation LC-MS platforms into the drug development organisation with specific application to analysis of oligonucleotide medicines. You will work as a part of a multi-disciplined team and interface directly with members of the oligonucleotide project team across GSK. This role is combination of independent laboratory work, literature searching and cross-department collaboration. To achieve the goals of the project this role will require you to not only develop and apply your technical skills but also to build strong and trusting relationships with partners within GSK and instrument manufacturers externally.
The project will primarily seek to evaluate new LC-MS platforms and software processing packages versus our established platforms with the aim of selecting the next generation of hardware for process development of new oligonucleotide medicines. The project will also explore alternative separation technologies such as CE and IMS and evaluate their future potential within GSK analytical sciences.
• A Bachelor’s degree with at least 5 years of experience in the biotech pharmaceutical industry, or
• PhD in chromatography, separation sciences or mass spectroscopy
• Hands-on experience in analysis of small molecules or proteins using HPLC and LC-MS
• Experience of developing new methodology by HPLC
• Hands-on experience of working with benchtop single quad or accurate mass spectrometers including processing spectral data and quantitation
• Good experience in HPLC and uHPLC method development process including column selection, method conditions, robustness testing
• Understanding of oligonucleotides therapies
• Excellent organization, communication and interpersonal skills are a must
• Must be self-motivated and keen to learn new skills