Senior Procurement Manager (Spanish Speaking)
GSK – Remote Working
Contract Length: 2 – 5 months
Pay: up to £500 per day (Inside IR35 – via Umbrella ONLY)
PLEASE NOTE: ONLY SPANISH SPEAKING APPLICANTS WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION
The Senior Manager LOC Procurement is an entrepreneurial, delivery-orientated business partner. They are someone who is well connected within the business and who has the strong people relationships necessary to make things happen to create value. It’s someone that is so well connected that they find things out, they get to know things from various sources and then they put two and two together to create important new business opportunities. They really know the company financials and the business levers to optimise value. It’s someone who can connect the dots, someone who can challenge collaboratively and lead others to deliver the value. It’s someone others are drawn to because they know that that person will help to make them be successful. To drive needle-moving value creation, the Senior Manager LOC Procurement doesn’t just need to be a great partner to the GMs and local Leadership Team, they also need to connect brilliantly across to the Category Procurement teams and to Suppliers and across LOCs.
Ensure input to and alignment with the creation of regional and global sourcing strategies, representing the needs of local stakeholders and local markets dynamics, in partnership with the category teams.
Identify and deliver business benefits aligned to assurance of supply, quality, service, cost and innovation and delivering stakeholders and business partner requirements through execution of category strategies
Drive operational efficiencies by ensuring Contract & Preferred Supplier list compliance as well as managing the Tail spend
Deliver savings as agreed with key stakeholders and Finance in accordance with the Savings Methodology and aligned to the global budgets together with Global and Regional category team
The Senior Manager LOC Procurement is also excellent at driving execution, is action-orientated and focused on delivery. They are sharp. Fast. Creative. They bring people together to make things happen with traction. They are ‘can do’. They get things done. Quickly and with quality. The Senior Manager LOC Procurement is a clinical problem solver - what’s the challenge statement?, what are the options?, what is the value analysis?; they facilitate the decision, then follow-through to execution and delivery. The Senior Manager LOC Procurement needs to influence others to deliver and have the super-powers to unlock and unleash potential and address any challenges that arise to be able to deliver the value collaboratively.
Our UK Pharma Head of Procurement recently said ‘One of the highlights of my HOP role for me has been being able to connect my day-to-day role to GSK’s patients…’ and ‘Being a good business partner is fundamental to the success of a Head of Procurement. What’s pleasantly surprised me is my involvement in Commercial meetings not just looking at how our activity can drive savings, but also increase sales and market share… From helping identify and implement innovative supplier solutions which help drive growth, I feel perceptions of Procurement have shifted from being more of a cost saving support function to more of a frontline commercial partner.’
- Align with appropriate category teams and work in collaboration with these teams to provide local business requirements and market information to support effective collaborative regional and global strategy creation and execution
- Execute global sourcing strategies for multiple spend categories in scope of responsibility, operating with a truly global mindset and ensuring all applicable LOC or regional dimensions are accommodated
- Have a clear understanding of how global strategies affect local markets and build an education & communication process for regional Procurement leads and business units
- Be the local expert in the spend categories within scope of responsibility
- Ensure financial benefits are managed in accordance with the Procurement Plan and Savings Methodology approach, ensuring business unit and Finance agreement to financial value delivered and transparency on treatment of benefits in the budgeting process
Business partnering & stakeholder management in GSK
- Build strategic relationships with local GSK stakeholders, to understand business requirements, identify opportunities to create value and to position Procurement’s value proposition. Align sourcing strategies accordingly
External supplier relationships
- Execute and manage effective contracts with suppliers that will allow GSK to maximize opportunity globally. Ensure global views on supplier negotiations are taken
- Manage the local supply base for the categories within scope through a robust performance management process. Ensure supplier performance is understood and measured.
Supply chain & risk management
- Transform the supply chain to release value and make GSK more responsive to business and customer needs – for example in cost control, complexity reduction, simplification, best practice procurement and use of KPIs
Previous Experience Required
· Demonstrated expertise in managing categories is required, particularly with respect to developing & implementing strategies, stakeholder management and supplier relationship management.
· Demonstrated experience in influencing strategy and managing across multiple geographies and business units
· Demonstrated experience in managing global/regional projects with consideration to diverse LOC needs and regulation (eg taxes, law, regulation)