Global Digital Communications Manager
12 month contract
About the role
The role will report into the Quality and Supply Chain’s (QSC) Head of Strategy on a day to day basis, but will be a part of the wider Corporate Affairs organisation with a dotted line into the Head of Corporate Affairs, Quality and Supply Chain.
The role will primarily provide strategic support, planning and execution of a comprehensive communications plan to support our E2E Planning Transformation programme. This programme is an enterprise-wide 2yrs+ initiative > £50m spend to drive a global change in how we plan across all of our 14 business units and supply chain. It includes bringing on board latest digital technology and driving significant business process and capability changes.
The role would also support other high profile internal strategic change programmes such as the roll out of a global Operational Excellence initiative.
The role combines communications, leader coaching and strategic counsel, reputation-building campaigns and providing guidance to site leaders on internal communications.
Working to a dynamic agenda of strategic business priorities, the role will support alignment between QSC and other CH teams, build communications capability among leaders, provide communications support for key operational priorities and issues, build trust with stakeholders and manage issues. They will also contribute actively to the development and implementation of joined-up communications designed for a diverse population of employees including frontline operators in our factories.
· Ability to build strong, trusted relationships with a number of senior stakeholders, providing straight talk, counsel, support and challenge as required
· Strong strategic thinking, execution and overall business acumen. Must demonstrate sound judgment and be able to deal with ambiguity and handle sensitive situations
· Experience working in a global matrixed organisation, across cultures and teams of geographically dispersed people with strong ability to prioritise, sensitive to cultural nuances, very strong attention to detail
· Proven ability to influence others at both peer and senior level; excellent stakeholder management. Ability to build trust, always operating with a high degree of integrity and discretion
· Proactive, flexible, resilient and self-motivated – able to work both autonomously and in a team. Strong initiative, attention to detail and sense of urgency required
· Understanding of the power of copy, imagery and video for digital storytelling, with experience producing this content for internal audiences. First class writing, editing and visual storytelling skills.
· Supply chain background would be highly beneficial, but not mandatory
· Partner with Corporate Affairs to plan, co-create, edit and publish strategically aligned content to our internal channels.
· Measure, analyse and provide insights on campaigns, including creating campaign metrics and insights reports.
· Create simple visual assets.
· Ensure all content is user-driven, takes account of best practice and continually improves engagement levels.
· Advise stakeholders on strategy and best ways to amplify content.
· Build and maintain an understanding of external best practice.
If you feel you would be suitable, please send in an up to date copy of your CV