Position: Benefits Assistant
Location: GSK House
LOA: 1 Year
Pay Rate: £316.72 Per Day / Via Umbrella / Inside IR35
GSK is currently looking to hire a Pensions Specialist to join our GSK Pensions team. You will be supporting the Pensions Manager and be responsible for providing a service to employees, pension trustees and various internal stakeholders such as HR, legal, IT, Risk as well as comply with the regulatory environment.
You will play a key role with vendor management and have appropriate skills/ experience to effectively manage in a complex and changing environment.
Scheme secretarial support
- Support in the organisation of the quarterly Pension Trustee meetings, setting up meetings, coordinating meeting papers from lawyers, actuaries, administrators and the internal GSK teams and following up on actions inter-meeting.
- Reviewing and resolving data and reporting issues with the providers.
- Ability to interpret and analyse data using spreadsheets and reports from the GSK HR systems to resolve data queries.
- Resolution of issues and queries in a timely manner within SLAs from employees/HR/business on benefits under remit.
- The role will be also required to take daily cases from the Service Now Portal.
- Understand, Interpret, and educate employees and HR on Pension benefits and principles including plans not under remit.
- Reviewing complaints, liaising with the providers, and external advisors as necessary and finalising responses.
- Working collaboratively with the other Benefits Specialists as appropriate.
- Maintain the regular monthly pension plan processes to ensure compliance in line with agreed service levels.
- Lead and deliver regular annual projects as directed e.g. bonus sacrifice into pensions, accurately and within agreed timescales.
- Lead and deliver ad-hoc projects are required for example improvement initiatives such as the introduction of regular contributions to the SIPP, accurately and within agreed timescales.
- Ability to write formal papers and/or recommendations containing a full outline of an issue, possible methods of resolution and suitable recommendations.
- Conduct problem solving exercises and after-action reviews where service delivery issues occur to ensure that the root cause of the issue is identified, and appropriate mitigation are put in place going forward.
Policy and procedures
- Maintaining the technical accuracy of all pension documentation ensuring procedures are accurately documented and updated to reflect changes to policies.
- Provide information and guidance on Benefit Programmes policy and procedures
- Make recommendations to policy changes as required.
- Proactively taking responsibility for ensuring that the intranet articles are accurately maintained with pensions information and that any required changes are made in an efficient and timely manner.
- Main point of contact for Retired Staff Association queries from RSA Branch Committees and Members, ensuring efficient resolution.
- Manage the RSA Mailbox, responding to emails and voicemails in a timely manner.
- Manage regular RSA activities including issuing quarterly newsletters and processing annual funding to RSA branches.
- Work with vendors on annual projects such as issuing the annual RSA magazine and calendar.
- Maintain the accuracy of the RSA member data, ensuring data from third party administrators has been uploaded correctly.
- Take ownership of meetings and monitoring the service provided by the third-party providers.
- Reviewing notes of provider meetings and following up on actions.
- Monitoring regular miscellaneous reports required by the providers.
- Demonstrable expertise in Defined Benefit and Defined Contribution Pensions.
- Ability to partner and build relationships with vendors and internal GSK departments (Payroll, Legal, HR)
- Good written and oral communications, with the ability to convey information clearly and concisely. Includes experience of delivering presentations / Q&A sessions.
- Good experience/knowledge of vendor management and ability to monitor, challenge and question service provision.
- Attention to detail and good excel skills
- Project management skills and ability to work with little supervision
- Ability to interpret data and analyse complex benefit information and draw recommendations.
- Strong organisation skills and the ability to prioritise work on a daily basis, responding to urgent requests as required.
- Ability to work empathetically with the pensioner population.
Preferably has (or is working towards) a recognised pensions qualification, or CIPD.