12 month contract - potential extension
GSK are looking for an Associate Scientist for an exciting opportunity based in Ware. The team is part of the late-stage drug development group and the majority of the role will be practical, hands on lab work.
- Performs data management and some data interpretation tasks including recording results effectively in a laboratory notebook or computer with minimal supervision. (i.e., data collection and organisation).
- Operates laboratory equipment with minimal supervision.
- Executes experiments based on established written or unwritten protocol and carries out basic interpretation of results with minimal supervision.
- Identifies problems in the execution of experimental processes and in results.
- Communicates data and results in technical memos/reports.
- Anticipates/recognises potential problems with equipment/supplies and initiates action to address or prevent problems.
- May contribute to writing internal reports.
Skills / Experience
- Lab skills. Weighing, volumetric and HPLC
- Has basic knowledge of regulatory requirements
- Has theoretical and practical scientific knowledge typical of a Bachelor of Science degree and/or a combination of education and experience.
- Preferably degree level with analytical lab base experience (GMP)